A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Can i Lock door without key?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i Lock door without key?

Ive completely destroyed/lost my key (and only key) to my 2011 Audi A4. Now I can't lock my car. I have no spare and no emergency key and unfortunately my car is stuck on the street unlocked and I cannot lock it. Is there a way to lock it somehow with no key? Desperately need help with this. Would be much appreciated.

I accidentally left the key on top off the roof before I started driving. After a couple minutes driving I heard it fall onto the boot then realised it was my key. Could only find a couple pieces to the key which are useless. Would've been run over by numerous cars in a busy road.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by noahnaera
Ive completely destroyed/lost my key (and only key) to my 2011 Audi A4. Now I can't lock my car. I have no spare and no emergency key and unfortunately my car is stuck on the street unlocked and I cannot lock it. Is there a way to lock it somehow with no key? Desperately need help with this. Would be much appreciated.

I accidentally left the key on top off the roof before I started driving. After a couple minutes driving I heard it fall onto the boot then realised it was my key. Could only find a couple pieces to the key which are useless. Would've been run over by numerous cars in a busy road.
Take your Vin # and any documents you have identifying you as the owner to a dealer. They can make you a new key and fob. Other option is to have the car towed to the dealer and have them make up the key.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that. Yes I'm in the process of doing that now. But it's costing me $1100 to do and it'll take me a couple days to have it transferred to me. Also, Audi have told me it can take up to 2 weeks to get a new key so it'll still be park in public unlocked for possibly weeks. Is there no other way to just lock it ? Thanks
Old 02-20-2019, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure if this would work but try it. Open boot lid and fold down rear seats. Get in drivers door and close. Lock doors via central locking. Crawl into boot, fold seats back up, get out and close boot lid.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by noahnaera
Thanks for that. Yes I'm in the process of doing that now. But it's costing me $1100 to do and it'll take me a couple days to have it transferred to me. Also, Audi have told me it can take up to 2 weeks to get a new key so it'll still be park in public unlocked for possibly weeks. Is there no other way to just lock it ? Thanks
I would suggest you go get a car cover and cover the car . They make them with a lock kit . Other then that have the car towed to the dealer lot .