Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

External SIM issues - Q5 2018 UK model in Trinidad

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default External SIM issues - Q5 2018 UK model in Trinidad

Hi everyone.
I’ve got a unique set of issues I would love some help with. I bought a 2018 Audi Q5 S-Line in the UK for export to Trinidad, as a returning national.
I am in Trinidad now and completely understand why the in built SIM is not connecting to Audi Connect. i know it works because if I press the ‘emergency button’ it dials 999 and connect to the fuzz, which was an interesting conversation.
I connected my iPhone 7 on Bluetooth and only after a few frustrating weeks realised the issue with not having rSAP, grrrrrrr!
I am now at the point of trying to use an external SIM. It recognises the SIM but refuses to connect!!!!! As a ‘phone’ it is just not finding a network. I’ve tried my Trinidad SIM and I also tried my UK EE SIM, same problem. On the ‘data’, it seems the UK SIM sent some data but never received.

What the £&@#??
VERY frustrating. Anyone has any experience with this?

my thoughts are:
some sort of regional problem?
some ‘enable external sim’ option is off?

should I just torch the car?
​​​​​​​Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2019, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

You probably shouldn’t torch your car because of a SIM issue, or really any issue but you should pop over to the MKII forum, and ask there since you have a MY18. Good luck.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...iscussion-218/