Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Rear ended - some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ended - some questions

Hi all,

I got rear ended this morning and the passenger side lower bumper reflector lights I guess got damaged and there are scratches in the bumper, also a square looking plastic came off, it right in line where the parking sensors are.
I have a $500 deductible and geico is my insurance company and just scheduled a body shop through geico. My question is any idea how much the repairs will be and will they be able to get it fixed the same day? When i called my local Audi dealer they said they use the same body shop as its the parent dealer company. I don't have car rental in my coverage and was wondering if I should add it or its it better to go with costco car rental.

Sorry for the stupid questions.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it happens to me last year.. you won't know the extent of the damage until its all taken apart by the body shop.. my recommendation is used a certified audi body shop..
when it happens to me last year geico xpress body shop quoted the damage will be fixed for around $1500, and they did not even take the bumper apart. this was just from looking at it. when i went to my certified shop and they took apart the bumper the final cost was around $3700. also the sensors in the back needs to be recalibrated.

go ahead and see my accident thread from my profile.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

If you got rear ended why are you paying anything? Shouldn't other driver 's insurance cover it, to include rental car?

And I see no reason for anyone not to have rental insurance on their policy - it's cheap!
Old 03-21-2019, 03:34 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

OP sorry to hear this..

As already mentioned, if you got rear-ended you shouldn't be paying out pocket for anything. Until the insurance companies sort everything out you should be covered under the no fault portion of your policy, and your insurance will work with the other person's insurance so they get reimbursed.. In addition, even if you don't have rental insurance you may be able to get that covered under the other persons insurance..

I also have Geico and IMO I would add rental coverage, it's inexpensive.. Good Luck..
Old 03-21-2019, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

The rear ender will pay it all. And like others said, you dont know what it will cost until a real shop looks at it and takes off the bumper. And it wont be done on the same day. My guess is 2-3 days
Old 03-21-2019, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait ... no rental insurance? But why?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I did not get notified when someone replied to this. When I called Geico, they said I have a $500 deductible and I can pay that if I want and anything over will be paid by Geico, I felt at that point well, I do have a $500 deductible and am willing to pay so it may be easier vs. getting the other insurance company to pay etc. Can I now go back into my claim as change it,so everything is paid by the other insurance company?
So, the body shop that is under gecio auto express service, is the same one that my local audi dealership uses is what they said when I had called them. How do I find a certified Audi certified body shop?
Old 03-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I did not get notified when someone replied to this. When I called Geico, they said I have a $500 deductible and I can pay that if I want and anything over will be paid by Geico, I felt at that point well, I do have a $500 deductible and am willing to pay so it may be easier vs. getting the other insurance company to pay etc. Can I now go back into my claim as change it,so everything is paid by the other insurance company?
So, the body shop that is under gecio auto express service, is the same one that my local audi dealership uses is what they said when I had called them. How do I find a certified Audi certified body shop?
If you get the other party to step in you will get a rental car. GEICO should be acting on your behalf and dealing with the other insured.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
I do have a $500 deductible and am willing to pay so it may be easier vs. getting the other insurance company to pay etc. Can I now go back into my claim as change it,so everything is paid by the other insurance company?
Sure you can pay it and Geico can pay the amount above your deductible. And then you will have a claim against you which will raise your rates for years and make it difficult to switch insurers if you ever want to. If the other party is at fault, then absolutely make their insurance pay the claim.