Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

In service

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default In service

So dropped of the Q this morning for its 2 years service (with a measly 14k miles on it), and for recalls. Here what she'll get

1) 2 yr services: Basically oil change, cabin filter, and brake fluids. I bought Audicare which is now $999, but the tech told me it also includes 50 k service now. Great, dont feel so bad paying the extra $150
2) Fuel Rails recall: Glad this is being done as the Q had to slum it on the driveway for a week. LOL
3) Front camera recall: What is this? Tech told me its SW update?
4) I made them aware of a creaking from the dash on bad roads

They'll probably keep it another day because its raining like crazy in the DC area today. The Q5 I got makes you realize how much more luxurious the Q7 " feels". But I must say the Q5 drives well, and is quick. I think its the 2.0 4 banger?

Old 03-21-2019, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Not to burst your bubble but I bought AudiCare 2 years ago and it was 5 services (20k,30k,40k,50k,60k) and the first 10k because 'free' (or otherwise bundled in the price of a $70k vehicle). (and if I'm for some reason mis-remembering that then my bubble is burst)

I agree about the Q5, I've gotten them as loaners Q7 is so much nicer.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Brimstone
Not to burst your bubble but I bought AudiCare 2 years ago and it was 5 services (20k,30k,40k,50k,60k) and the first 10k because 'free' (or otherwise bundled in the price of a $70k vehicle). (and if I'm for some reason mis-remembering that then my bubble is burst)

I agree about the Q5, I've gotten them as loaners Q7 is so much nicer.
Oh ok, no bubble burst however, i was getting it anyway. I always though it covered first 4 years...
Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Coincidentally, dropped off my Q7 yesterday at the Rockville dealership for the fuel rail recall. They too mentioned about the front camera recall as well as software update. All issues addressed the same day, so now feel comfortable to fill the tank full and park inside my garage

I too had the Q5 loaner and the very first thing that caught my attention was the significantly reduced resolution on the center screen. Made me cherish my Q7 even more.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Dropped my Q off yesterday for the 10K service (8400 on odometer). I also got a fully loaded Q5 loaner.

I asked them to detail it, and since it's raining here they said I can come by tomorrow afternoon and get it.

Asked them to apply the reverse mode display TSB and rotate tires.

I also posted earlier about not being able to get my rear plate off - screw just spins. Service rep told me right screw is badly stripped, and replacing plate frame assembly is $234 installed. I said it should be replaced under warranty - he agreed, and said he would call Audi for approval. Time will tell.....
Old 03-21-2019, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sr007
Coincidentally, dropped off my Q7 yesterday at the Rockville dealership for the fuel rail recall. They too mentioned about the front camera recall as well as software update. All issues addressed the same day, so now feel comfortable to fill the tank full and park inside my garage

I too had the Q5 loaner and the very first thing that caught my attention was the significantly reduced resolution on the center screen. Made me cherish my Q7 even more.
That's where I went today!! Probably picked up the same red Q5 with 100 miles on it that you returned yesterday....
Old 03-21-2019, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
That's where I went today!! Probably picked up the same red Q5 with 100 miles on it that you returned yesterday....
Lol! Missed the red, instead had a black Q5 with 400 miles. Waiting to see how the dealership shapes up thats being renovated. Now that Porsche has moved out, Audi has more space to expand.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Dropped my Q off over a week ago for the first free service. Don't flame me now, I had 1700 miles. My SA smiled as he said, you really like this car. Soon after I was taken outside for a loaner Q5, I told them no way, give me a Q7 which they came up quickly with for the day. Oil change map updates ++.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Force-1
Dropped my Q off yesterday for the 10K service (8400 on odometer). I also got a fully loaded Q5 loaner.

I asked them to detail it, and since it's raining here they said I can come by tomorrow afternoon and get it.

Asked them to apply the reverse mode display TSB and rotate tires.

I also posted earlier about not being able to get my rear plate off - screw just spins. Service rep told me right screw is badly stripped, and replacing plate frame assembly is $234 installed. I said it should be replaced under warranty - he agreed, and said he would call Audi for approval. Time will tell.....

Is the detailing complimentary or are you paying for it?
Old 03-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
Is the detailing complimentary or are you paying for it?
$199

Quick Reply: In service