Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

An RS5 costs $91k???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An RS5 costs $91k???

Am I missing something or does this seem kind of overpriced, especially compared to a BMW M4 Competition? It's like $15k more than the M4. I was toying with the idea of trading in my 2018 M4 Competition for an RS5 coupe since I really could use the AWD in Alaska, but the price difference doesn't make sense to me, especially since the RS5 is slower.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Yes, the RS5 can get up there. Sounds like you are talking about loaded to the gills, but without details, it will be tough for others to give you qualified information.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveK
Am I missing something or does this seem kind of overpriced, especially compared to a BMW M4 Competition? It's like $15k more than the M4. I was toying with the idea of trading in my 2018 M4 Competition for an RS5 coupe since I really could use the AWD in Alaska, but the price difference doesn't make sense to me, especially since the RS5 is slower.
It all depends on how you spec out the RS5.. It can be had for as low as $75k but if you check all the boxes then sure it will get up to around $98k (without any exclusive options) just like checking all the boxes on the M4 it looks like too. And sure if you're purely looking at the performance specs of the car then the M4 at the same price is faster but maybe not as well rounded / complete package as the RS5 so it all depends on what you want.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Upon closer look, the car I saw on the local dealer's website does have quite a few options: Dynamic Plus Package, Dynamic Package, Black Optic Carbon Package, B&O stereo, heated steering wheel and all-weather mats. Are there good deals to be had on RS5 coupes? Given the big price difference between my M4 as a trade-in and this RS5, it seems hard to justify the cost.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Upon closer look, the car I saw on the local dealer's website does have quite a few options: Dynamic Plus Package, Dynamic Package, Black Optic Carbon Package, B&O stereo, heated steering wheel and all-weather mats. Are there good deals to be had on RS5 coupes? Given the big price difference between my M4 as a trade-in and this RS5, it seems hard to justify the cost.
You're likely to find better deals on the Coupe than the Sportback since the Coupes don't seem to be selling that well. It also depends on where you're located. I think I saw a CPO 2018 RS5 Coupe on car.com or similar recently with only 4k on it so you might get a really nice deal on a slightly used coupe too.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Am I missing something or does this seem kind of overpriced, especially compared to a BMW M4 Competition?
$91k? Who would do such a thing? Hmm... me, apparently.

First off, I am not a BMW guy, so if you want an M4 - knock yourself out. I’m not getting into an Audi vs. BMW debate.
Secondly, I agree in many ways with you. I suspect that might be why in my local area there are 30 or so RS5 SB’s on the lot. I struggle to believe dealers are holding out for full price. But. I was able to get a pretty good discount and aggressive trade in. I went with the carbon BOP. Definitely not worth $5.5k!!! But does look killer once you have it. I love it now that I spent the money. I don’t see the need for dynamic steering or the dynamic plus with higher top end speed. The RS5 is fast enough, seriously. I love the car.

This is the spec i went with...

Last edited by BlackOptic; 03-21-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well then, having not done any research yet, can anyone tell me what a good deal would be for an RS5 Coupe with a $91k MSRP. $85k?
Old 03-21-2019, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

there are definitely deals to be had for coupes, prices have been steadily creeping down. load up cargurus and filter by length of time the ad has been on the site. there are some already listed under msrp by 7-8% before any negotiating.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll do a bit of research, but it looks like a deal would most likely work out to my 2018 M4 Comp. + roughly $25k, which seems kind of nuts. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm used to Audi's being priced roughly 10% lower than a comparable BMW or Mercedes model and this one just....isn't.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll do a bit of research, but it looks like a deal would most likely work out to my 2018 M4 Comp. + roughly $25k, which seems kind of nuts. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm used to Audi's being priced roughly 10% lower than a comparable BMW or Mercedes model and this one just....isn't.
In your situation I'd just wait it out for the 2020 m3/m4 with m-drive. I'm looking forward to the unveiling supposedly this Sept.

Quick Reply: An RS5 costs $91k???