Scratched and Dented Audi Q5 - Looking for repair suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratched and Dented Audi Q5 - Looking for repair suggestions

Have a slightly tight parking spot at my apartment place, while attempting to park, slowly rubbed the left side of the car against the pillar to realize that I had aligned wrong. Sharing a picture below. Feel pretty bad but now wondering what my repair options would look like and how expensive could they get considering its a pretty big scratch along with reasonably sized dent.
I am in the Vancouver area.

Also is it worth going to ICBC for claims or is that going to be bad for my premiums?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 283 Likes on 229 Posts

That's two parts to be addressed - a bumper and a fender. You can check with ICBC but there will be a deductible and potentially a premium increase; they should be able to tell you what gets affected if you make a claim. I'd estimate that will likely be around $1000 - any autobody repair shop can provide you with an estimate - shouldn't be any hidden damage so their estimate would likely be pretty accurate.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A4Audi4Fun
That's two parts to be addressed - a bumper and a fender. You can check with ICBC but there will be a deductible and potentially a premium increase; they should be able to tell you what gets affected if you make a claim. I'd estimate that will likely be around $1000 - any autobody repair shop can provide you with an estimate - shouldn't be any hidden damage so their estimate would likely be pretty accurate.
Thanks for the response. Do you have any autobody shop recommendations in or near Vancouver area specialized for Audis?
Old 03-22-2019, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 283 Likes on 229 Posts

Ask your nearest Audi dealer who they use for body shop repairs.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi there! I had very similar dent on my 2018 audi A6 that was driving me crazy.
I did some search and came across this local paintless dent repair company https://www.arsdentrepair.com. I can't believe the outcome. It is like never happened. Check out these pictures. I think he did a great job. Hope you can find someone who offers paintless dent repair in your area.

before

after dent was repaired
Old 03-26-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ideaz
Have a slightly tight parking spot at my apartment place, while attempting to park, slowly rubbed the left side of the car against the pillar to realize that I had aligned wrong. Sharing a picture below. Feel pretty bad but now wondering what my repair options would look like and how expensive could they get considering its a pretty big scratch along with reasonably sized dent.
I am in the Vancouver area.

Also is it worth going to ICBC for claims or is that going to be bad for my premiums?

White scratches is actually paint transfer. Use some lacquer thinner. It will wipe off most of it. Don't worry about your paint, it is safe to use. Your car paint made of urethane, and it doesn't get affected by lacquer thinner since it is much more durable.