Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)

A number of us had our configurations locked on March 8. I thought it might be interesting to see how those deliveries are coming along. For example, I have a Prestige that locked on March 8 and went into gearing up for production several days later and still is in that status. Audi customer support (not the website) gave me a production date of April 5. I have read at least one person with a March 8 lock date is already shipped. The website seems to lag updated info. Tell us what you know!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:54 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by njjoe
A number of us had our configurations locked on March 8. I thought it might be interesting to see how those deliveries are coming along. For example, I have a Prestige that locked on March 8 and went into gearing up for production several days later and still is in that status. Audi customer support (not the website) gave me a production date of April 5. I have read at least one person with a March 8 lock date is already shipped. The website seems to lag updated info. Tell us what you know!
My dates and status are currently the same as yours.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by njjoe
From both the My Audi app and confirmed by the dealer, my Prestige e-tron which locked on 3/8 is on the boat. Still waiting to find out the expected arrival date in Rhode Island.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I locked on the 8th, premium plus, and I've been gearing for production for a week or so.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:23 AM
Club AutoUnion

Has anyone with a 4/5 production date had their status change today on the Audi web site? I'm still at "gearing up..."
Old 04-05-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

My configuration locked on March 8th and went into production late March. As of today it's still in production. Speaking to my Audi dealer they wouldn't confirm anything solid but said I should expect to see the car late May to late June. I was expecting August from what I was initially told so seems they're ahead of schedule. I'm just now torn whether I actually want it now given the low EPA range
Old 04-05-2019, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
Has anyone with a 4/5 production date had their status change today on the Audi web site? I'm still at "gearing up..."
My change happened so quickly that I didn't even notice it went from "Lock" on 3/28 to "gearing up" on 4/2 to "in production" on 4/3 - no email notifications either.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
I have a 4/5 production date and still "gearing up" as of late 4/5. I'll be talking to the customer experience center sometime next week if it doesn't change.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received email notification last night that car was "in production" - order date of 1/28. Anyone know when a VIN is assigned?
Old 04-06-2019, 05:50 AM
Club AutoUnion

So apparently they're not building them by order date. That's frustrating.

Quick Reply: March 8 Configuration Lock Tracking (Non Edition One)