Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

How Do I Reset Check Engine Light after RaceChip install?

Old 04-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed title: Racechip review

Read below for review. I changed the topic due to a member asking about this upgrade.

Last edited by Capitalst; 04-17-2019 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Changed topic
Old 04-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Things worked it self out and the cel turned off today. So far I’m loving the Racechip. What a rush. The Q7 now feels a lot sportier the way it should have been day one. Install took 30 minutes but only because I flipped the plugs the first time and have to take it apart again. They should make the spot for the lock clip since both sides are the same.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Capitalst
Things worked it self out and the cel turned off today. So far I’m loving the Racechip. What a rush. The Q7 now feels a lot sportier the way it should have been day one. Install took 30 minutes but only because I flipped the plugs the first time and have to take it apart again. They should make the spot for the lock clip since both sides are the same.
where do you find the biggest difference...when you start from stop, mid range or top range or all over the rev range?
Old 04-17-2019, 02:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I’m not sure why so many folks complain about this upgrade. The low end drives nice and smooth unlike my BMW X5 with the burger piggyback did which was jerky. I like that. I feel it’s like today I just want a relaxing ride and you have it. It does feel like it woke up a bit on the low end. Where the real power is now is in the mid to high rpms. Wow this Q7 just rockets. It feels like a whole new car. When I bought this Q7 last month I was a bit disappointed at the passing performance. It felt like there was so much more it could do but was held back. Almost like I had a small trailer hooked up. Now I feel like it has no baggage and almost like it’s a way bigger engine. You will hear a lot more of the supercharger air like you do with most turbos when the are tuned. I wouldn’t call this turbo lag performance. I have owned mostly turbo vehicles for the past 10 years. I still own a 2005 Cayenne Turbo. The power when you stump on it is very linear but strong. I would even say this Q7 could give my Cayenne a run for its money now.

The best part once you take the top of the engine off once you can easily pull the whole unit off before a dealer visit in 10-15 mins. I was going to do the REVO tune but with my 3 1/2 years left on the warranty and the CPO 1 year on top of that it wasn’t worth losing the warranty for a bit more performance. This was worth every penny. I’m very picky and can’t say anything bad about this piggyback. I do need someone to chime in on the best location for the box. I have it zip tied to the brake lines now.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many miles did you wait before installing the chip and does it void the warranty?

With this chip, once you remove it, can the dealer find out if a chip was ever installed and void car warranty for any particular reason?

I have a 2019 q7 3.0, with only 500 miles on it now.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2019, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought a CPO with 9k on it. My X5 I tuned it around 300 miles so your fine. It should be a problem with the dealer as long as you pull it before hand. Takes nothing to pull it. Air filter cover then engine cover. Last unplug two plugs. A lot easier then the X5 one. That took cutting wires etc.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Which racechip did you get the RSblack, RS or regular? Did you buy the app control to easily configure it for eco/sport/sport + mode?
Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

PICS!!!!!.........please.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the black model. Also look online there is. 10% off coupon code. I’ll send pics later.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Pics of install would be great if you have - just wondering how easy it really is to install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Do I Reset Check Engine Light after RaceChip install?