Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

how to update navigation without Audi connect

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to update navigation without Audi connect

Hello all, I'm new here so apologies if this has already been posted.
I recently bought a 2016 Q5 and want to update the navigation map to the latest maps.
I do not have an Audi connect plan so I can't get to the link on my.audi to download the latest update.

does anyone have a workaround or would anyone mind sharing a direct link to the java package?

thank you
Old 04-22-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2016 Q5 requires a trip to the dealer and a pile of cash for an update. Over the air updates didn't become an option until later
Old 04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

that's unfortunate to hear.

thank you for the reply though, eflight.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts

I know with my 2018 Q5 I can download the maps to a SD card and install it that way. Does your car have an SD Slot?
Old 04-25-2019, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

it does have an SD slot but I cannot find a link to the map download
Old 04-26-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Josh A Katz
it does have an SD slot but I cannot find a link to the map download
My sub for Audi connect ended, but I still have my free Audi connect stuff. one of which is the map downloads. (Not sure when that runs out) When I sign into audi connect it is one of the menu items of the things I can still do to my car for free.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ribeye
My sub for Audi connect ended, but I still have my free Audi connect stuff. one of which is the map downloads. (Not sure when that runs out) When I sign into audi connect it is one of the menu items of the things I can still do to my car for free.
I’ve never had an Audi connect account so that’s probably why I don’t have the map download link available.

Would you you mind downloading the recent update and putting the java package onto Dropbox or another file sharing service?
Old 04-26-2019, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I’ve never had an Audi connect account so that’s probably why I don’t have the map download link available.

Would you you mind downloading the recent update and putting the java package onto Dropbox or another file sharing service?
My dropbox is a free version, with only 2 gb and the file is 12gb. Do you have a "rapidshare" or "uploaded" account by chance. I can put it up there, but I think you need an account as well to get it.

Also, there is a new one comming out very soon, I check every week for it but so far nothing. And check your MMI to make sure you can upload maps.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Forget Dropbox or another file sharing service
Impossible, the new MIB and MIB2 system uses the card on which the activation and map are on the card. Copying is not valid, just downloading from the official Audi Connect website, you have a free upgrade for three years, after which the only solution is the dealer for now
Old 04-26-2019, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ribeye
My dropbox is a free version, with only 2 gb and the file is 12gb. Do you have a "rapidshare" or "uploaded" account by chance. I can put it up there, but I think you need an account as well to get it.

Also, there is a new one comming out very soon, I check every week for it but so far nothing. And check your MMI to make sure you can upload maps.

Simply impossible for MIB and MIB 2 systems

Quick Reply: how to update navigation without Audi connect