A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Just sold my B9, wanted to share some information

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just sold my B9, wanted to share some information

First off, my 2017 A4 (Prestige, with every option except Sport package) it was a fantastic car. I had 32,000 miles on it, only had 1 minor software issue with it during the time I owned it. All in all it was a really fantastic car and I have no regrets about buying it.

I switched over to a Model 3, but as this is an Audi Forum I'm not going to detail my experience too much with that vehicle other than saying I'm happy with the change.

For anyone interested I got $26,600 on the trade in off an original purchase price of around $62,000 if I remember correctly.

The main reason I switched was that I've been driving a ton (~500 miles every other weekend and 90-120 miles during the week) and gas isn't cheap. Also I'm buying into the hype a bit of the potential for full self driving in my new car. With the new car I'll save a few hundred in gas per month.

Anywho, I just wanted to thank the great community behind this form, when I was just getting into my first Audi you guys answered a lot of my questions and in general provided a lot of information and that was greatly appreciated.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on the Model 3! I know the A4 is great on gas when compared to other gas cars no comparison to the model 3 of course.
Good luck with the new wheels!
Old 04-22-2019, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Congratulations and best of luck the the 3. With all that driving, how are managing the recharging?
Old 04-22-2019, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

I'm very lucky in that my cousins were kind enough to have a charging port (Standard 240V/50A plug) installed in their garage for me to use. I visit them very frequently and they live around all my other family members so I just go there hang out with them and charge, and then go somewhere else whenever I feel like it. I charge at home which covers all my normal weekly usage and 1/2 my weekend usage.

I also think it's pretty likely my best friend is going to get a Tesla in the near future and he'd have a place for me to charge as well.

All in all it hasn't been a big deal. Even before they got the chargers installed I'd just stop at a supercharger for 30 minutes and get some food or when visiting my buddy stop by the local grocery store which has a massive liquor section and take my time picking out a beer and some snacks. By the time I was done the car was plenty charged. I'd say in real miles I can do about 220-230 on the 300 mile battery going 80Mph on the highway. If I slow it down to the speed limit I can go quite a bit further.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats
I have both, Model 3 and 2017 A4. Both are great cars
Old 04-23-2019, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats, a buddy of mine just got into a model 3. He tried to convince me to test drive one and said Ill never go back to a gas engine after. They are opening a dealership right around the corner from me, so when its built Ill go check it out. However, I already have a ton of anxiety, I dont need to add "range" to that as well. Joking aside, now that they came out with leases, Id probably consider one.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only $26,000??? That seems stupid low for a 2 year old loaded car with low miles. Did you trade in to Tesla? I have heard their trades are absolute garbage. The True Market Value on mine, a loaded 2017 like yours, is $31,000.

Congrats on the Model 3 nonetheless. I reserved one in July 2017 but after waiting over a year and never hearing anything back I cancelled it and bought my A4 instead. I'm going to drive it until it's got no warranty left and then switch over to leasing I think. The Tesla still appeals to me because I love how modern the tech is and of course auto pilot/self driving, but the exterior (specifically the front end) really doesn't do anything for me. Also not a fan of the lack of dash cluster behind the wheel.

But maybe that'll change in a few years...either that or maybe self driving will have trickled down to the A5 from the A8 by the time I'm ready to lease my next car...
Old 04-23-2019, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by idealdreams
Only $26,000??? That seems stupid low for a 2 year old loaded car with low miles. Did you trade in to Tesla? I have heard their trades are absolute garbage. The True Market Value on mine, a loaded 2017 like yours, is $31,000.
I agree. Only a month ago, I checked the NADA value of my car and they said a CPO'd A4 with low mileage and options like mine was worth $38k!

Last edited by A4Driver; 04-23-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"Gas isn't cheap...so I ate it on trade in"

Gas is fairly reasonable at the moment. You won't make up the loss on depreciation any time soon. But hey, enjoy your new vehicle in good health.
The following users liked this post:
niray99 (11-06-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I agree. Only a month ago, I checked the NADA value of my car and they said a CPO'd A4 with low mileage and options like mine was worth $38k!
I get the same retail value from NADA for my car now as well, CPO included. But that's dealer retail price, not trade in price. Knock off $5k from that price and that's more like your trade-in price...

Quick Reply: Just sold my B9, wanted to share some information