A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-
View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Audi Connect?
I love it!
9.68%
I hate it!
6.45%
I dont know anything about it.
6.45%
I wish I knew more about it.
3.23%
I tried it but stopped using it.
74.19%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

What are your thoughts on Audi Connect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts
Default What are your thoughts on Audi Connect?

I was having a conversation with a good friend who works at a dealership and we were talking about Audi Connect. I told him that Ive never used it or even activated my car when I got it. He was trying to explain to me how it has advanced since I first knew about it. I said all I do is connect my phone and use Android Auto and I was good to go. I was wondering what the good enthusiasts on this forum think about it? How do you use it? Why do you use it over something else?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Canada, at least for MY18, our Audi Connect sucks.....stripped out all the cool US features and only get the barebones. I maybe used the lock/unlock function once and that's it. I have the app installed on my phone just to sometimes check the fuel and other info whatnot. I 99% of the time plug in my iPhone before I go anywhere and use CarPlay. I like to see traffic on my maps unlike the VC map which in Canada don't support traffic...come on Audi Canada!
Old 04-24-2019, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a current discussion going on right now on the MkII Q5 forum about this. The consensus is that's it's useful and easy and handy and great when it's free, but not worth the exorbitant cost after the free trial expires, considering that the most useful functions can be duplicated through CarPlay or Android auto for nothing. Some people even say that the renewal cost has soured them on the whole car. I don't get that level of disenchantment, but count me as one who used it when it was free but didn't renew and doesn't really miss it.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

In Canada, it is useless but no monthly or yearly costs to using it. My unlock/lock doesn’t even work. But it is neat seeing how much km, fuel level, oil level on the app.

I activated some settings via OBDeleven. I’m now able to see the parked location of my vehicle on the app

I can’t send navigation profiles to it but whatever. Google maps on CarPlay/android auto now allows you to use 3D maps and traffic, so i just use that.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have had another poll option: "I used it when it was free, but the subscription price is way too much $$$"
Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Onewolf42
Should have had another poll option: "I used it when it was free, but the subscription price is way too much $$$"
I cant edit the poll, but the last option is pretty much that answer.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This gets my vote!!!!
Old 04-25-2019, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by redherring
There's a current discussion going on right now on the MkII Q5 forum about this. The consensus is that's it's useful and easy and handy and great when it's free, but not worth the exorbitant cost after the free trial expires, considering that the most useful functions can be duplicated through CarPlay or Android auto for nothing. Some people even say that the renewal cost has soured them on the whole car. I don't get that level of disenchantment, but count me as one who used it when it was free but didn't renew and doesn't really miss it.
Agree 100%- I had it but would never consider renewing at that price. If it were more reasonable yep, I'd renew. I wonder how many people actually do renew as opposed to those letting it expire after the free subscription runs out? I'm betting most do not renew. It does not sour me in the car, but I think Audi is making a customer service/relations mistake.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Never used it in my A6, haven't used it in my new A4. I get in my car and disconnect. Just the road and tunes is all I need.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am using the free tier of Audi Connect and I do like having remote access to my car so it gets a good review from me there. I didn’t renew for the additional features simply because of how outrageously expensive the plans are for features that are mostly gimmicks than not. I do miss being able to Google search destinations for navigation and having the option for the Google earth overlay, but other than that, I never used any of the other features.

I don’t need access to news and Twitter feeds and flight information while I’m driving.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on Audi Connect?