Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Tracking Shipment fro Bratislava?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Tracking Shipment from Bratislava?

Hi:

Just joined because I have just ordered a Q7 Prestige. The dealer was able to find one that was already scheduled for production in mid-May that was almost exactly what I would have custom ordered anyway. The order detail sheet gives all sorts of projected dates such as "Production Complete", "Ship Departure" "Rail Unload", "Truck Load", etc...

Wondering how accurate these usually are and how one can go about tracking more precisely (if that is possible). My understanding is that they ship (in the nautical sense) out of Emden and the port of entry is Houston (I am on the West coast).

They project delivery in the last half of July.

Any other information on improved tracking (once it is built) would be appreciated

Last edited by Astropup; 06-13-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did just run across this article on how to "stalk" your vehicle.

https://jalopnik.com/how-to-hypersta...r-door-5591932

This was for a BMW so much does not apply but some does. The trick appears to be to find out what ship your vehicle is on but I have no clue as to how to do that with Audi.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think your salesman can share that info with you (mine did).
Old 05-02-2019, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
Hi:

Just joined because I have just ordered a Q7 Prestige. The dealer was able to find one that was already scheduled for production in mid-May that was almost exactly what I would have custom ordered anyway. The order detail sheet gives all sorts of projected dates such as "Production Complete", "Ship Departure" "Rail Unload", "Truck Load", etc...

Wondering how accurate these usually are and how one can go about tracking more precisely (if that is possible). My understanding is that they ship (in the nautical sense) out of Emden and the port of entry is Houston (I am on the West coast).

They project delivery in the last half of July.

Any other information on improved tracking (once it is built) would be appreciated
Those dates are significantly padded to give Audi some “wiggle room”. For example, my Q8 arrived a month earlier than shown on the report. The most accurate estimate will be after a vessel is assigned when it arrives at Emden. Once you know that you can track it across.
Your port will probably be San Diego or Benicia if you’re in Southern or Northern California. Oregon & Washington cars go somewhere up there. Much closer than Houston.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Those dates are significantly padded to give Audi some “wiggle room”. For example, my Q8 arrived a month earlier than shown on the report. The most accurate estimate will be after a vessel is assigned when it arrives at Emden. Once you know that you can track it across.
Your port will probably be San Diego or Benicia if you’re in Southern or Northern California. Oregon & Washington cars go somewhere up there. Much closer than Houston.
OK, that makes sense, Houston was probably due to whatever dealer was previously scheduled to get that vehicle so that will probably change. The dealer says he will tell me what ship it is on once it ships.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Two additional points. My sales guy says that their vehicles do indeed come out of Houston. Does not make a lot of sense and Benicia is much closer but that is what they are telling me.

The good news is that I just got word that my Q7 has entered production - about a week ahead of the schedule.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Got an update 5 days ago saying it was complete and shipped to Emden to board the car carrier. I would guess it would be there by now. Since I do know it will be going thru the port of Houston, I have to wonder how I can find out which vessel it will be on. I guess just wait until one of the car carriers leaves Emden and shows Houston as a destination. There are three car carriers now at the port of Emden.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The Comm # printout will show the Assigned vessel once it actually exists.
I'm probably wrong but using Houston for Oregon vehicles seems really strange. Just for the fun of it, I'd browse your dealer's showroom & check the window stickers on some of his in stock Q7s. They will show the Port of Entry.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
The Comm # printout will show the Assigned vessel once it actually exists.
I'm probably wrong but using Houston for Oregon vehicles seems really strange. Just for the fun of it, I'd browse your dealer's showroom & check the window stickers on some of his in stock Q7s. They will show the Port of Entry.
They show Houston, as does the detail sheet listing my dealer. The salesperson also says that they always come out of Houston. Be aware this is Eastern Oregon, not the I5 corridor or the coast.

Last edited by Astropup; 05-21-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Astropup
They show Houston, as does the detail sheet listing my dealer. The salesperson also says that they always come out of Houston. Be aware this is Eastern Oregon, not the I5 corridor or the coast.
Guess we learn something new every day . All our cars here in the Chicago area also come thru Houston. The nice thing is sold cars get loaded onto a truck & come directly here in about 3 to 4 days. Stock orders get on a train & come thru a facility in Joliet before they get on trucks to the dealer - probably a week or more.
Congrats on the new car

Quick Reply: Tracking Shipment fro Bratislava?