Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 won't start

Got in my garage to start the Q7 and nothing. Called roadside assist and the first guy was no help. He tried jumping the battery, but that did nothing. Can't get into the trunk w/o power. He said he could not tow it if it will not go into neutral. Waiting for a second truck that has (4) dollies. A/C goes on. Horn blows loud. Not sure that it is the battery. Fuse? He was looking to pop off the start button to insert the manual key. Meanwhile, if I do get it to the dealer, they are out of loaners.
I'm not having a good day.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry for the rough day. How is the Q?
Old 05-02-2019, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hkn125
Sorry for the rough day. How is the Q?
Second guy has not shown up yet. (4) hours and counting. Obviously it will have to stay overnight.
So much for roadside assistance.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

You can't pop out start button in the Q7, this is not Benz. Did you try putting your keyfob in the designated area in the center console?

Old 05-03-2019, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I did try that with both key fobs.The horn is loud. It did not jump start with (2) roadside assistance providers. The second truck still did not have the correct equipment. I expect the third on to arrive shortly. It is stuck in the garage and they can't get it to go into neutral.They tried he special red key from the trunk, but that did not help.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:04 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Regardless of brand roadside asst leaves a lot to be desired IMO..

Seriously, just yesterday a friends Toyota highlander broke down, he called roadside asst a little after 6pm, he was told they would be there within 90mins / by 7:30pm. The last text message I rec'd from him last night was at 8:35pm showing the tow truck on a map claiming the truck would be there in 43 mins. I guess I'll find out today how long it ended up taking..

Months back my youngest son hit a pothole that ruptured his right front sidewall.. Since his Acura doesn't have a spare, only an inflator kit it was useless in this situation.. So he called roadside asst at 5:09pm, they said they would be there within the hour and since the closest dealers service dept is open until 7:30pm they may repair it tonight...

I would have preferred they tow it my dealer who is not only closer to home by 25-30 miles I have known them for 15 years. But wanting to get it fixed ASAP I called the local dealer and the service advisor said I have the tire in stock so as long as the car is here by 7:00pm I'll get him in and out fast assuming there is no other damage.

The flatbed showed up at 8:43pm, of course since it was now too late the car had to stay at the tow companies lot overnight and dropped off in the morning.. I was so pissed for so many reasons..

Sorry for the rant, OP update us when you find out what the issue is.. Good Luck...
Old 05-03-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What happens on the instrument cluster? Does it turn on when you enter the vehicle? Does MMI come on?
Old 05-03-2019, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gsobol
What happens on the instrument cluster? Does it turn on when you enter the vehicle? Does MMI come on?
The instrument cluster is not coming on. However when the second guy came, he used the parking brake release tool and the instrument cluster came on. I don't know exactly what he did. The MMI does not come on.

Meanwhile the dispatcher is sending a 4th truck, because #3 has not shown up! I would pull out my hair if I had any.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For the future, here are the instruction for emergency P gear release:
Old 05-03-2019, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I did read about this and this is the tool that I was referring to. I do get the rolling warning on the screen, but the car will not budge. The tow guy pushed very hard! "N" was displayed, but something is holding it in position.

Quick Reply: Q7 won't start