Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Juice Box Pro Not Charging

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Juice Box Pro Not Charging

We put in a new Juice Box 40 on a 50A line, and when we plug it in, the e-tron doesn't charge. The app says it's plugged in without any restrictions on charging, we've added some info about the car, but it still doesn't charge. When we plug in the unit that came with our e-tron, it works just fine.

Has anyone else made theirs work, and does anyone have any ideas why it might not be working? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2019, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

Can you charge the car with the charger that comes with the car, plugged into the NEMA14-50 plug? If not, probably a car issue. If you can, likely a JuiceBox issue and a call to JuiceBox customer service is in order.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMcDnald
Can you charge the car with the charger that comes with the car, plugged into the NEMA14-50 plug? If not, probably a car issue. If you can, likely a JuiceBox issue and a call to JuiceBox customer service is in order.
He said the Audi charger works so you're probably right that it's a Juicebox issue. Can OP use Juicebox without the App?

Last edited by jeffbtx; 05-04-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah. I’ve got the app going too and nothing I can see as to what would restrict it.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by schalliol
Yeah. I’ve got the app going too and nothing I can see as to what would restrict it.
How about these lights and warning tones - are you getting them?

https://support.emotorwerks.com/hc/e...omplete-Manual

JuiceBox Error Codes

Current generation (built from Feb 2017 to present)

# of Beeps (in Guide)

Error Type

Solution

0 (Continuous tone)

Ground Lost (Reconnect ground)

Check line and neutral connections as they may be reversed in the adapter or outlet.Unplug and reboot JuiceBox. If issue persists, please contact Support.

1 (Long beep)

JuiceBox System Fail (Contact support)

Unplug and reboot JuiceBox. If issue persists, please contact Support.

Car not obeying J1772. (Or plugged into something that’s not an EV).

Unplug and reboot JuiceBox. If issue persists, contact Support.

GFI Trip (Check your connection)

Unplug from car in order to reset the GFI trip count to 0.​ If issue persists, contact Support.

OverHeat

Move your JuiceBox to a cooler area, out of direct sunlight, or remove heating sources from area. The JuiceBox will automatically resume when it cools off.

Relay Stuck Closed (Disconnect immediately. Contact support)

Check your ground wire in both the panel, and at the device termination (hard-wired or outlet plugged into) to make sure all connections are tight. If error persists after unplugging and rebooting the JuiceBox, and your car will not charge, please contact support.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No beeps or errors. Just a solid red for power and a solid blue for WiFi. The app says it's plugged in, without any incident, but it just isn't charging. Hmm….
Old 05-04-2019, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Argh, I hope you figure this out soon as my JuiceBox is arriving tomorrow and scheduled to be installed in a couple of weeks.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There are a few people with e-trons and these Juice Box units. Is anyone able to make it work? Of course they were closed yesterday when we called. It was a good idea not to do a hardwire version so we could use the included Audi unit temporarily.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by schalliol
There are a few people with e-trons and these Juice Box units. Is anyone able to make it work? Of course they were closed yesterday when we called. It was a good idea not to do a hardwire version so we could use the included Audi unit temporarily.

I picked up my EO e-tron Friday and love it! I do have a Juice Box Pro 40 and thought I had an issue. The charge cable didn’t seem to “click” in place at first but after a couple of tries and at a more precise angle it did “click into place and charged properly.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ours didn’t clock, so that could be it. I think we did what we could but will try again. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Juice Box Pro Not Charging