Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

500 miles and needing service...UGH!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 500 miles and needing service...UGH!

I picked up our E1 about two weeks ago and on Friday, 10, yes, 10 fault or warning alerts started coming through...takes 1 minute for the MMI to go through each alert (see video). I immediately drove it to the dealer and they reset the module. After a reset, the warning alerts are still there. They said it is safe to drive as I wanted it for the weekend but tey said they need me to bring it back on Monday so they can get Audi Tech support on the phone to see if they can diagnose the problem. Fingers crossed it is just a software update or reload as I fear the wait for any parts that may need to be shipped from the German mothership.

I have a lot of people that would like to test drive or go for a ride and I hate telling them about the issues it is having as I don't want them to have a bad first impression.

Will keep the forum updated as I hear more from the dealer this week.

Last edited by Traveler29; 05-19-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to here it. I have 854 miles on the car so far, and haven't experienced any fault or alerts. Keep us posted as to what happens on Monday.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Look at the bright side! Had you bought "the other electric SUV", it would have been parked against the wall for 3 weeks at the "dealer" and then you'd wait for another 4 weeks for parts and after that you'd get your car back with half the issues still unresolved.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Heard back from the Service Manager at 5:00pm today "We are still jumping through some hoops with the testing of your car. The driver's assistance module does appear to be faulty, we are just waiting for a call back from technical assistance, so it won't be ready tonight"

Still crossing my fingers that they don't have to replace the module and can just upgrade or flash the software within the module. Afraid that if it is a part issue, it will take 2 weeks or more to get the part from the motherland.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Traveler29
Heard back from the Service Manager at 5:00pm today "We are still jumping through some hoops with the testing of your car. The driver's assistance module does appear to be faulty, we are just waiting for a call back from technical assistance, so it won't be ready tonight"

Still crossing my fingers that they don't have to replace the module and can just upgrade or flash the software within the module. Afraid that if it is a part issue, it will take 2 weeks or more to get the part from the motherland.
Were scheduled to take a 90 mile ride down to our nearest dealer, and have a sensor error fixed. kinda weak to get a car right off the production line and have it be faulty. with all the delays and hype, one would have thought that the kinks and bugs were ironed out prior to launch...good news is that our dealer is being helpful, and so is AUDI USA Etron team.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tronification
Look at the bright side! Had you bought "the other electric SUV", it would have been parked against the wall for 3 weeks at the "dealer" and then you'd wait for another 4 weeks for parts and after that you'd get your car back with half the issues still unresolved.

Perhaps you should hold your snark until Traveler29 actually gets his e-tron repaired. Have you ever dealt with Audi service? I have, and my Tesla service experience, which was once in 19k miles so far, was miles better.

Traveler29, I hope they get things sorted, and quickly. The e-tron is a nice looking ride.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver1.8
Perhaps you should hold your snark until Traveler29 actually gets his e-tron repaired. Have you ever dealt with Audi service? I have, and my Tesla service experience, which was once in 19k miles so far, was miles better.

Traveler29, I hope they get things sorted, and quickly. The e-tron is a nice looking ride.
I don't know, I thought tronification's "snark" sounded a lot like Tesla Bjorn's actual experience getting his X serviced. Well documented by the known Norwegian Tesla fanboy on his YouTube channel.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update - Dealership called and said they needed to order a new module and it would be 3-4 days for the part to arrive. Fingers still crossed it is only 3-4....
Old 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit, but I lost my Audi Security right after picking up the car. They had to order a new one from Germany; they ordered it on a Monday and it arrived by Friday, so that would be within the 3-4 days. So, hopefully that will be true for you, too.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update. Still at the dealership, day 8. Replaced the module and now can’t get the fault to clear. Said they had to wait and talk to Audi Technical Assistance on Tuesday.
Honestly, it does get embarrassing when neighbors and friends ask about it and why I am driving a loaner when I just got a new car. Not making a good first impression with my friends and neighbors.

Quick Reply: 500 miles and needing service...UGH!