Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

RejeX on glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 310 Likes on 226 Posts
Default RejeX on glass

Has anyone using RejeX also applied it on the windshield? If so, how well does it work for bug splats? It's love bug season around Orlando FL RejeX seems to be working well for bug splats on the bumper and grill. I did my car with RejeX but used RainX on the windshield. RainX does not work well for bug splats. Also, is RainX still needed after RejeX?
Old 05-22-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been a Rejex and a RainX user a long time. Would never use either on the windshield. Use RainX on side and rear windows Rejex on all metal and some plastics. Both work well.
Tried RainX and like products on the windshields of a few cars. Works well for a half hour to an hour of wiping time then a significant negative as wipers begin to skip badly. Takes more time to remove
old RainX than to remove worst of love bugs with soap and water.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another more durable, longer-lasting option, would be to apply a ceramic coating to the windshield. Plenty of options out there and they aren't terribly expensive, and it's something you could do on your own. Or take it to a local detail shop and have them put a ceramic coating on.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 18A5SB
Has anyone using RejeX also applied it on the windshield? If so, how well does it work for bug splats? It's love bug season around Orlando FL RejeX seems to be working well for bug splats on the bumper and grill. I did my car with RejeX but used RainX on the windshield. RainX does not work well for bug splats. Also, is RainX still needed after RejeX?
I use rainX on the windshield on all my vehicles. I know the manual says not to for our vehicles, but I like the results. Even bad / coated wipers with rainX is better than brand new wipers on a non rainX windshield in my opinion. I also like the fact that after a rain, the non-wiper areas of the windshield are much cleaner than a non-rainx version is.

I don't think the bugs come off any easier, so I wouldn't apply it hoping for that result.

My rainX results are a bit unique in that the vehicles I apply them on spend far more time in the garage vs. out in the sun / elements. So I can easily get 6+ months out of a RainX application.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have used RejeX for years. Worderful stuff, and easy to apply and remove. No RainX however.

How bad are the love bugs around Orlando??
Old 05-22-2019, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

I use the same sealant/wax I apply to the body of the vehicle on all of my windows. No issues for me. My other vehicle still has the original windshield wipers since I don't even use them - water starts sliding off at 25.

If you plan to apply something else on the windshield, then you should remove RainX. Applying another product on top of it will not allow it to adhere or bond properly. It will most likely have adverse affects and cause streaking.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dafantom
I have used RejeX for years. Worderful stuff, and easy to apply and remove. No RainX however.

How bad are the love bugs around Orlando??
Have you applied on the windshield also? If Yes, how well does it shed rain while driving. RainX the water will run off at about 30mph virtually no wiper needed.

Flying love bugs are BAAAD - I'd guess about 10 splats per mile on the windshield alone, more on the bumper and grill. Fortunately, no such bug nuisance in the DMV only certain office holder politicians
Old 05-23-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Yeah, look at a glass ceramic coating or Aquapel.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you applied on the windshield also?
Flying love bugs are BAAAD - I'd guess about 10 splats per mile on the windshield alone, more on the bumper and grill. Fortunately, no such bug nuisance in the DMV only certain office holder politicians
Only RainX on windshield...

I'll find out about love bugs next Tuesday, while going through north Florida. UGH
Old 05-23-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I sent an email to RejeX. They responded it is safe for glass and headlights. Also, that it is clearer than RainX. Also, it protects against uv yellowing of headlights. Suggest a large pinch of salt. I may try on the windshield when I redo the ReJeX after a year.