Expected miles on new factory ordered RS5 sportback

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Expected miles on new factory ordered RS5 sportback

New to forums, thanks in advance for the advice and comments. Just got a new factory ordered 2019 RS5 sportback today. Daytona gray, dynamic package, bang&o, dynamic steering, black badges. It came with 40 miles on it. Is this within range for normal? Dealership sent me photos of the car completely wrapped in standard and was shipped directly from port so trust that it is brand new, just the mileage seems high. I hear that with more customization and some factory orders, they roll the car around to different parts of factory, but just curious to hear what mileage other factory ordered cars came with. My 2018 S4 came with 9 miles, so that's my reference point.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by cipher99
New to forums, thanks in advance for the advice and comments. Just got a new factory ordered 2019 RS5 sportback today. Daytona gray, dynamic package, bang&o, dynamic steering, black badges. It came with 40 miles on it. Is this within range for normal? Dealership sent me photos of the car completely wrapped in standard and was shipped directly from port so trust that it is brand new, just the mileage seems high. I hear that with more customization and some factory orders, they roll the car around to different parts of factory, but just curious to hear what mileage other factory ordered cars came with. My 2018 S4 came with 9 miles, so that's my reference point.
Normal. RS models get some extra track testing done before being shipped. They will typically arrive with around 20-60-ish miles on them.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

thanks for the info moe! but hard to believe they track test every RS car? and what are they doing on the track? i ask because seems like many people try to adhere to the break-in period of 1k miles and really try to baby it, but then seems counterintuitive if the car is already getting thrashed on the track even before it gets to us. i know break-in period is a much debated topic.
inputs on actual mileage other rs5 owner's (or RS in general) got the car at on delivery?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

There are other threads on this topic which back my mileage estimate range and my own RS5 Sportback which arrived last Friday and took delivery yesterday had 38 miles off the truck and 44 miles at delivery time after the dealer PDI and prep.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ected-2966379/

As for track testing, I doubt and others also believe that they are not thrashing it like they stole it but more driving it around the track checking in the suspension, rattles, etc.. Extra quality control checks basically.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

My 2013 RS5 had 73 miles at delivery; my 2018 S5 had 77 and my 2018 RS5 had 70. No issues with any of them.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
There are other threads on this topic which back my mileage estimate range and my own RS5 Sportback which arrived last Friday and took delivery yesterday had 38 miles off the truck and 44 miles at delivery time after the dealer PDI and prep.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...ected-2966379/

As for track testing, I doubt and others also believe that they are not thrashing it like they stole it but more driving it around the track checking in the suspension, rattles, etc.. Extra quality control checks basically.
Thanks Moe, really helpful and truly appreciated. Seems like you are one of the trusted members on this forum, having read through many threads and discussions now.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Moe, really helpful and truly appreciated. Seems like you are one of the trusted members on this forum, having read through many threads and discussions now.
No problem and enjoy the new ride.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
No problem and enjoy the new ride.
You as well! Nice specs on the car. On another note, reviews on Stek dynoshield? Haven't heard much consensus, some really don't like it as ppf but others do. Planning for a full wrap of mine. Seems like many shops are starting to use stek, not sure if it's due to heavy promoting or if it's actually better than traditional suntek which was what i was planning to use.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You as well! Nice specs on the car. On another note, reviews on Stek dynoshield? Haven't heard much consensus, some really don't like it as ppf but others do. Planning for a full wrap of mine. Seems like many shops are starting to use stek, not sure if it's due to heavy promoting or if it's actually better than traditional suntek which was what i was planning to use.

I'm planning on doing full DynoShield on mine. There is one 1 installer within a 2.5 hours drive of where I live. Luckily they are located pretty close to me. Was quoted $7500 for the full car. About $1500 more than XPEL or Suntek from other local PPF installers but you don't have to get it ceramic coating since in has a hydrophobic layer that those two don't so that makes the price difference negligible assuming you ceramic coat those others. It will take about 5 work days to do the install with window tint. As for why. From all the info I've read XPEL isn't as smooth / glossy, you get kind of a texture orange peel that you can feel and that was feedback from an installer that doesn't install DynoShield. Suntek looks to be good but a little more tricky from an install point of view. DynoSheld seems to install easier than Suntek and has the built in hydrophobic layer and similar gloss and smoothness to Suntek. There is another member here that got DynoShield installed on their RS5 and seems to like it too.

UPDATE: Looks like Suntek Ultra also has a hydrophobic layer now too and they now have Ultra Defense which is a thicker film for higher impact areas.. Hmmm.

Last edited by heymoe; 05-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

38 miles on my ordered RS5

Quick Reply: Expected miles on new factory ordered RS5 sportback