A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Painted Reflectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Painted Reflectors

Anyone purchased the TAG color matched painted reflectors? If so, how is the quality in terms of color matching and the result? Do they look “natural/OEM”, like they belong there?

https://tagmotorsports.com/audi-b9-a...r-package-2019

Thinking about getting them for my A4.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 05-23-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 97 Likes on 73 Posts

If you have a MY2019, it will not fit.

Audi changed the reflector design on the newer models with the new bumper and TAG has not updated it.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Daaavid
If you have a MY2019, it will not fit.

Audi changed the reflector design on the newer models with the new bumper and TAG has not updated it.
Huh, they clearly state “Fits all 2019+ Audi A4/S4 including S-Line and NON S-Line.”
Old 05-23-2019, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
Huh, they clearly state “Fits all 2019+ Audi A4/S4 including S-Line and NON S-Line.”
Not sure where you're reading that, the web page says "2017+".

Someone on the other forums purchased it through TAG and found out the hard way that it doesn't work.

The actual reflector itself is a different design as well. Before MY2019, the reflectors were attached via an adhesive into the bracket making it one piece. MY2019 is attached using clips, with the actual reflector being a separate part from the assembly making it a two piece part.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure where you're reading that, the web page says "2017+".

Someone on the other forums purchased it through TAG and found out the hard way that it doesn't work.

The actual reflector itself is a different design as well. Before MY2019, the reflectors were attached via an adhesive into the bracket making it one piece. MY2019 is attached using clips, with the actual reflector being a separate part from the assembly making it a two piece part.
I’m reading that after selecting my exact 2019 model on the model selection page. So perhaps the person you referenced in the other forums didn’t drill down into their specific model.

Once I do that, I get this:

Audi B9 A4/S4 Painted Reflectors 2019+ for Audi A4 2019 Sedan 2.0T Quattro

(SKU: 19B9FRONTREFLECTOR)

https://tagmotorsports.com/audi-b9-a...r-package-2019

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 05-23-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I’m reading that after selecting my exact 2019 model on the model selection page. So perhaps the person you referenced in the other forums didn’t drill down into their specific model.
They must've figured it out as well if they have a separate '19 page. If that is the case, then you should be golden. The new reflectors are easier to install, too, as you don't have to deal with an adhesive backing causing it to look uneven after install.

The paint is an OE match as they physically purchase another reflector set, paint it in-house, and ship it out.

I'm not sure what color vehicle you have, but if it's anything resembling black, a $5 vinyl wrap will do the job as well. I have DGP, and I decided to wrap it in 3M Gloss Black Vinyl matching the rest of the Black Optics package (e.g. no pearls or flakes in the paint).
Old 05-23-2019, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

They must've figured it out as well if they have a separate '19 page. If that is the case, then you should be golden. The new reflectors are easier to install, too, as you don't have to deal with an adhesive backing causing it to look uneven after install.

The paint is an OE match as they physically purchase another reflector set, paint it in-house, and ship it out.

I'm not sure what color vehicle you have, but if it's anything resembling black, a $5 vinyl wrap will do the job as well. I have DGP, and I decided to wrap it in 3M Gloss Black Vinyl matching the rest of the Black Optics package (e.g. no pearls or flakes in the paint).
I have the brilliant black clear coat with black optics. Does the 3M Gloss Black Vinyl match that exactly?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

Seems those are no longer "reflectors". Or do they do something that's not obvious?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PghRich
Seems those are no longer "reflectors". Or do they do something that's not obvious?
They currently stick out like an amber sore thumb on my black Audi with black optics!
Old 05-23-2019, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PghRich
Correct, they are no longer reflectors. Unlike the EU counterparts, NA vehicles have bright orange reflectors in the front which detract from the appearance when you're going for an all black appearance.

I have the brilliant black clear coat with black optics. Does the 3M Gloss Black Vinyl match that exactly?
Yes, it should. The 3M Gloss Black is a true flat gloss black without any flakes or sparkles in it and it should match the Brilliant Black. If your paint looks the same as the Black Optics around the car, it should be a very easy match.

I would even try going to a local vinyl or tint shop and see if they have some leftovers; they can knock it out in 30 minutes for sub-$50.

I bought a 5 feet roll for $15 and still have 4.75 feet left. Very easy to DIY.

Quick Reply: Painted Reflectors