Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Opinions on 2017 Q7 Prestige deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 04:57 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Opinions on 2017 Q7 Prestige deal

I am about to buy a 2017 Ink Blue with Nougat Brown interior Q7 Prestige and having the usual big-buy jitters about whether it's a good deal.
The gist: It has 33K miles on it and 11 months left on factory warranty. It was an accident just 20 miles after it was 'sold' (see carfax) and there was some sort of damage reported later on. Used as a 'commercial vehicle'. The guy wants $43.5K for it.

Thoughts on this deal?? What should I check for or may be swing by the dealership and ask about this car's history (damage). Thanks!!!

Sticker

Carfax 1

Carfax 2

Carfax 3

Carfax 4
Old 05-24-2019, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If there would be no incident reported - I would consider this a good deal. Based on what CF info says (no airbags deployed) - the damage supposedly wasn't so bad, but still...And they ask for this vehicle as much as comparable pristine undamaged car would run for. If you really like it - press them to sell it for ~$37K and definitely not more than $39K.

Last edited by ConservativeConsumer; 05-24-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:34 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer
If there would be no incident reported - I would consider this a good deal. Based on what CF info says (no airbags deployed) - the damage supposedly wasn't so bad, but still...And they ask for this vehicle as much as comparable pristine undamaged car would run for. If you really like it - press them to sell it for ~$37K and definitely not more than $39K.
Thanks for the advice!!! I do really like the car. I was actually searching for 2018 Q5 P Plus and came across this car, spent 4 hours sitting in and around it, but couldn't commit because of the accident report and the fact that it's a large car and I don't have a family to haul in it.
Here's a picture of front right, I can hardly tell a difference between damaged and undamaged side.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

The damage doesn't seem like it was bad considering the air bags didnt go off. You'll have to run the KBB on this vehicle to see if the price is a good one, and perhaps adjust down for the accident a bit, but if its fixed right and looks good then I wouldn't worry about it
Old 05-24-2019, 06:07 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
The damage doesn't seem like it was bad considering the air bags didnt go off. You'll have to run the KBB on this vehicle to see if the price is a good one, and perhaps adjust down for the accident a bit, but if its fixed right and looks good then I wouldn't worry about it
Thank you! KBB says it's a good value, from what I see:

KBB
Old 05-24-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Heres another thing...I see this vehicle was offered for sale in 04/16...so it was one of the early Q7s. I believe the 2017 Q7 started hitting the states in late 2015, and went on till about August of 2017. I try to stay away from early builds, but this one doesn't seem to have seen the dealer much for warranty work, so may be ok. Just make sure to test drive it extensively and listen for moon roof creaks and sounds, etc.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Heres another thing...I see this vehicle was offered for sale in 04/16...so it was one of the early Q7s. I believe the 2017 Q7 started hitting the states in late 2015, and went on till about August of 2017. I try to stay away from early builds, but this one doesn't seem to have seen the dealer much for warranty work, so may be ok. Just make sure to test drive it extensively and listen for moon roof creaks and sounds, etc.
About the warranty work, I was wondering whether it is normal for some dealers to report recall work done on the vehicle to CarFax? VIN check shows no recalls for this car now, but CF only shows just some minor antenna swaps, etc., and I know there were some recalls on this model about "rails".

I read about moonroof creaks here, but not sure when to listen to it. Does it happen when opening/closing it or just randomly when driving?

Also, just out of curiosity, does this trim have Pre Sense Plus (highway speed AEB) since it has a DAP? It's not specifically mentioned on a sticker.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:14 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

You should be running away from any Carfax that mentions and accident or a buyback.
There are plenty of cars out there that dont come flawed so why even take the risk?
Because you can save a few bucks up front or get yourself into a car you normally couldnt afford?
Sounds like a bad idea all around.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:02 AM
SVJ
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
You should be running away from any Carfax that mentions and accident or a buyback.
There are plenty of cars out there that dont come flawed so why even take the risk?
Because you can save a few bucks up front or get yourself into a car you normally couldnt afford?
Sounds like a bad idea all around.
Normally, that's what I do, but this damage report kind of puzzled me. 20 miles after the car's initial mileage was reported and even before the first owner was declared. Almost as if it was damaged during unloading or moving on the lot. And they drove it 33K+ miles since then and not sold it right away.
The question is there a way to find out for sure what happened? May be through a more detailed Audi records since it was serviced there?!?!
Old 05-24-2019, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you don't mind traveling a couple of hours away, take a look at this 2017 Q7 in PA. Dealer advertises it as a Premium Plus, but it is a Prestige model.
https://www.bmwofdevon.com/used/Audi...2ce8d79d36.htm
Carfax report:
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...VAAF74HD021705

Quick Reply: Opinions on 2017 Q7 Prestige deal