Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Deals on 2019/2020 RS5 Sportback?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Deals on 2019/2020 RS5 Sportback?

What kind of deals are people getting on new 2019 or 2020 RS5 sportbacks? I am looking to special order an RS5 with all options except the Dynamic Plus Package and the $2.5K wheel option - hoping to get an idea of what the deals are before I email the dealers to negotiate. Much appreciate any help.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are great deals out there on 2019 RS5 sportbacks if they are on the dealer lot. Mine originally stickered for $86k and Audi has applied a $2k discount which they refer to as the "RS5 preferred equipment discount" which brought the MSRP down to $84k. I negotiated with several dealers over the internet that all had the same spec in stock and ended up buying mine for just over $77k plus taxes! I had several dealers offer me similar prices so it should be easy to find a good deal right now. I'm not sure if they are struggling to sell them or what but I was surprised at how easy it was to get a significant discount. This may not apply for a special order though.
The following users liked this post:
BlackOptic (10-13-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That sounds like a great deal to me. I thought I was doing fairly well until I saw your thread.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

My dealer wasn't really willing to negotiate on the price on my custom exclusive color order. In the end I got about $2500 off (about 2.66%) which consisted of a bit of a MSRP discount + some interest savings on the loan since they were able to get me a better rate then I could get from my credit union at the time. That also didn't include any sort of Audi Loyalty rebates or what not since I didn't qualify for any. It does suck to see people getting a lot more off than I did but I got exactly what I wanted and in theory I have a unique and possibly a 1 of 1 RS5 SB build due to the exclusive color.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heymoe
My dealer wasn't really willing to negotiate on the price on my custom exclusive color order. In the end I got about $2500 off (about 2.66%) which consisted of a bit of a MSRP discount + some interest savings on the loan since they were able to get me a better rate then I could get from my credit union at the time. That also didn't include any sort of Audi Loyalty rebates or what not since I didn't qualify for any. It does suck to see people getting a lot more off than I did but I got exactly what I wanted and in theory I have a unique and possibly a 1 of 1 RS5 SB build due to the exclusive color.
Yeah, when I first started looking back in March the dealers weren't budging off MSRP when I asked about a custom order. They said they would throw in Audicare and that was about it. So I waited a few months before I started looking again and found some in stock at dealers across the US with the color/options I wanted and I was surprised at how much their attitude had changed. I'm guessing they aren't selling as quickly as they had hoped.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Those who are fine with a black/gray/white RS5 I would say hold out for a month or two and make like bandits on these cars. There is so much inventory in those colors at dealerships everywhere. If you want a red/green/exclusive color then your choices are limited, but even then if you can find one in inventory then there are deals to be had. One local dealer was offering me 16% off on a loaded red one that was an inventory unit just a few weeks ago.
mhorton79 (11-03-2019)
Old 06-04-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you saying they are selling thousands below invoice? In other words they are losing money when they sell one?? just want to see what the thinking here is.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissMTNAlien
Yeah, when I first started looking back in March the dealers weren't budging off MSRP when I asked about a custom order. They said they would throw in Audicare and that was about it. So I waited a few months before I started looking again and found some in stock at dealers across the US with the color/options I wanted and I was surprised at how much their attitude had changed. I'm guessing they aren't selling as quickly as they had hoped.
Yeah, I was maintaining a list of all the RS5s within a 200 mile radius of me sitting on the lot and for how long thinking I could use that info to help get a better deal but nope. More than half were over 90 days with some over 120 days on the lot (about 20 total). They said a custom order is not the same as cars on the lot which I can kind of see their point especially with a custom color but at the same time I could have walked away and that car would be yet another one on the lot but I'm pretty sure they knew that I wouldn't walk away from a car that I order in the color I wanted and waited 8-ish months for so didn't really have any leverage.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I was saying in the other thread. For whatever reason they aren't selling well at all. If it's a build in the color you want and the options you want nothing wrong with taking a decent deal. But as others echoed if you are flexible in colors and build I'm guessing there will be good deals later this year.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also what is the 2k preferred equipment discount? I've seen it on a couple of the builds
BlackOptic (10-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Deals on 2019/2020 RS5 Sportback?