Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Best dealer in the SF bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best dealer in the SF bay area?

Looking at buying a Premium Plus Q7 now. We are on the Peninsula of Bay Area. So would prefer to visit a nearby dealer. But we won't mind visit other dealers on the East or South bay. Just want to make sure the sales are professional, knowledgeable and agreeable. I want to buy a Q7, don't want a bad salesman to divert my wife to an X5

Also what is the current promotion situation? Should we wait till July 4th? I heard that 2020 Q7 would be a Turbo V6. That is why I decide to buy now. Otherwise, I would prefer to wait.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got my premium plus on memorial day two years ago at Burlingame. 6% off msrp was a decent deal back then, I'm sure you can get more right now. I would say their service was quick, no hidden fees. I hope that helps.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks! Burlingame is convenient. We will visit it. 6% is not great. Saw others get 19%at Vegas. If we can get 19% off, won't mind to visit Vegas once
Old 06-05-2019, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Go see Lorenzo at SF Audi (Royal Motors). He’s awesome and it was the best dealership purchase experience I’ve ever had. I also got an AMAZING deal!! Hard negotiating work but in the end I got a loaded Q7 (minus B&O) MSRP $88k, for $74k.

Last edited by CountLaszlo; 06-05-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

May I ask some questions about trims?

1. Cold package has the all weather mat. Anyone can convince the dealer to swap the regular mat for the all weather mat? How much extra we need to throw in? The list price is only $200. If I give up the regular mats, maybe add $50 for it? A complete set of weathertech is $260. How does the Audi OEM all weather mat compare to WeatherTech? I am in California, heated steering wheel adn 3rd row seats are not needed, so not desired.

2. For the warm weather package, I only want sunshades for rear door slide windows. Can this be added by ourselves?

3. What does Towing package include? Does it add a cooler for transmission fluid? The cost is about $600

4. Running boards. Any good options for aftermarket boards? Is the running board easy to install ourselves?

5. Tint. Does the car come with tint, or can dealer install Audi tint? It is quite useful in California.

That is about it. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2019, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

In fact, I only need premium plus and driver's assistance package. But after I looked around, it seems choosing the a very basic prestige trim without any other options seems to be a much better option. I am a bit surprised. Is it true? A basic prestige has driver assistance, warm weather package and head up display standard. Given wife asks for driver assistance, seems prestige is a better value?
Old 06-10-2019, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can check the audi configuration but I'm pretty sure that a barebones prestige is comparable (maybe cheaper) than a fully loaded p+ and you get some extra perks (like the HUD). If you're leasing the p+ may still be a better deal but if you're buying I think Prestige is the way to go.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guy from Vegas also had a BMW previously. I think there was or is a $3k incentive if you switch from BMW. Saying you got 19% off is going to vary depending on MSRP as well.

6% isnt much, if you are part of ACNA you can get 6% off instantly. Plus current incentives like $750 audi loyalty, or $1500 if you finance with Audi. So say a 60k Q7 that would be 9.75%, 70k Q7 that would be 9.2% and a 80k Q7 that would be 8.8%.

19% is big for sure. If you calculate a 75k MSRP with 6% off, BMW rebate(3k) and 1500 for using Audi fiance. that would be 12% off or 9k. So if his car was ~75k that would be 14,250 off for 19%.

I would definitely go Prestige over a fully loaded Premium Plus.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Today we received a letter from Audi. $3000 off for Q7 before June 30. Also we have an Acura now. Does it qualify for a conquest offer? If so, we have 3k +3k off after negotiation with dealer is done. Is it how it works?

Can someone who bought Q7 recently explain how to negotiate a good price? Don't want to miss out anything important. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Best dealer in the SF bay area?-1561072324187.jpg  
Old 06-20-2019, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Base on my experience from purchase 3 Audi. Stay away from Burlingame and Palo Alto. I recommend Royal Audi in SF, Audi of Marin and Audi Livermore for good price. I believe you can get 10% for 2019 model. I got my 10% from Audi SF, 8% from Livermore and more from Marin but I end up choosing Audi SF because they have the color and option match I need when I bought my car in 2017.

Quick Reply: Best dealer in the SF bay area?