Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ventilated seats

Old 06-15-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ventilated seats

2018 Q7 Prestige with luxury package. I don't feel the ventilated seats blowing air at all even at the highest setting. Is it supposed to be like that?
Old 06-15-2019, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 281 Likes on 201 Posts

They don't blow air out - they suck air in.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 AM
mbs
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie Ved
2018 Q7 Prestige with luxury package. I don't feel the ventilated seats blowing air at all even at the highest setting. Is it supposed to be like that?
Perhaps they are broken. The fans in mine, and reported here by others, are pretty loud, especially on the high setting. If you don’t hear them, then something may be broken.

i'm totally guessing, as I've never experimented, perhaps the fans don’t run unless an occupant is detected in the seat?
Old 06-15-2019, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
So you are saying they suck?

This will be the first car I have had with them. With my Honda they were only available in Canada (somebody needs to send Honda a map - Canada is colder ) so I could not get them. I really have to wonder how well they can possibly work. It seems to me that sitting on them plugs the airflow, which would make them mostly ineffective. Only active cooling would really work well (think astronaut's liquid cooling garments).

Reminds me of our Old English Sheepdogs laying on the house AC vents in the summer. Two of them lay directly on the vents - plugging the airflow. The smart one puts his nose over the vent - inhaling the cool air (very effective since respiratory cooling is a principal mechanism for dogs).
Old 06-15-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Astropup
So you are saying they suck?

This will be the first car I have had with them. With my Honda they were only available in Canada (somebody needs to send Honda a map - Canada is colder ) so I could not get them. I really have to wonder how well they can possibly work. It seems to me that sitting on them plugs the airflow, which would make them mostly ineffective. Only active cooling would really work well (think astronaut's liquid cooling garments).

Reminds me of our Old English Sheepdogs laying on the house AC vents in the summer. Two of them lay directly on the vents - plugging the airflow. The smart one puts his nose over the vent - inhaling the cool air (very effective since respiratory cooling is a principal mechanism for dogs).
Ive owned several cars with them, some work better than others. Cadillac was crappy. My wifes lincoln works well. I have a loaner a6 and they are similar to the q7 for intensity.

I have the lux package on my q7 and you can feel them pretty good. You can use obdeleven or another programming tool to increase the seats by 10% which makes a noticeable difference. You can also increase the heated seats by 10% and the steering wheel too.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
I read one part of the seats suck in and the other blows out. I thin the back sucks and the bottom blows out? Who knows.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well for one you can hear it, so if it’s not suckin’ or blowin’ you still should be able to tell if they’re operational.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by billm0066
Ive owned several cars with them, some work better than others. Cadillac was crappy. My wifes lincoln works well. I have a loaner a6 and they are similar to the q7 for intensity.

I have the lux package on my q7 and you can feel them pretty good. You can use obdeleven or another programming tool to increase the seats by 10% which makes a noticeable difference. You can also increase the heated seats by 10% and the steering wheel too.
So you are saying you can "turn it up to 11". Good to know, I have back issues so hotter is better as far as seats go. My Honda sucks in that department and the back of the passenger seat does not even have heat. I am catching the foul smell of Honda corporate liability lawyers as a cause of those defects.

Last edited by Astropup; 06-15-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Mine are relatively quiet on high and I can feel them moderately. I’d rate them about average, but they work well enough that I do use them now that it’s 93deg f here in New Mexico this last week.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 281 Likes on 201 Posts

Sad to say the ventilated seats in my wife's 2019 Kia Sorento work better than my Q7.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ventilated seats