Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Sold My 2018 RS3 & GOT A 2019 S3...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Sold My 2018 RS3 & GOT A 2019 S3...

As some of you guys might remember, I made sort of a controversial decision to get rid of my RS3 pretty quickly after I bought it.
I didn't hate the RS3, despite what alot of people thought... I liked the car but it was too similar to the S3 other than more lag followed by more power and for me as a daily driver, it wasn't what I was hoping for. I wanted the 5 cylinder to have a bit more low down oomph. But the crazy thing is alot of people thought I was bashing Audi, when in reality I love my Audis and just picked up another S3 (number 4).

Figured I would make a video and share the purchase experience in case anyone wants to see the spec and my experience with Audi Columbus.

Hope you guys like it! I'll do some videos on this car as a daily driver and review the Audi S3 in case anyone is thinking about getting one in the future! I love them!

Old 06-17-2019, 08:00 AM
2019 RS3 ordered 1-5-2019

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

hbcucat,

I look forward to seeing and reading "All" your personal opinion/opinions between the new S-3 and the traded in RS3 ???

I'm a die-hard car guy from the mid 60's so as I said above post away I'm interested and I think a close personal friend of mine Tom Cochran will also like to see what you care to share.
I think I must have totally missed your other postings on the RS3.
Post a link if you by chance did another Thread on your traded in RS3 ???

Note*
Is this the thread on why you traded in the RS3 ???

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-week-2930768/

Congratulations on your New Audi S-3.

I can't watch the above video right now as my wife is on a conference call as I'm in her office here at Home.
I'll check it out after she gets off the conference call.

Up-Date,
Now I know who you are as I have seen other videos you have done as well as the one on the RS3 that you got/received the 1st one.
Actually, a few of us agree with your assessment on the RS3 and it's DD abilities and or lack of.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-17-2019 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
hbcucat,

I look forward to seeing and reading "All" your personal opinion/opinions between the new S-3 and the traded in RS3 ???

I'm a die-hard car guy from the mid 60's so as I said above post away I'm interested and I think a close personal friend of mine Tom Cochran will also like to see what you care to share.
I think I must have totally missed your other postings on the RS3.
Post a link if you by chance did another Thread on your traded in RS3 ???

Note*
Is this the thread on why you traded in the RS3 ???

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-week-2930768/

Congratulations on your New Audi S-3.

I can't watch the above video right now as my wife is on a conference call as I'm in her office here at Home.
I'll check it out after she gets off the conference call.

Up-Date,
Now I know who you are as I have seen other videos you have done as well as the one on the RS3 that you got/received the 1st one.
Actually, a few of us agree with your assessment on the RS3 and it's DD abilities and or lack of.

Terry
Thanks Terry. I appreciate the comment. When I posted the review on the RS3, alot of folks that were waiting for their RS3's to come in on order were a little concerned I guess and instead of taking it for what it was (an opinion on what does or does not work for me) they took my critical comments on the car and attacked hahaha. When in all reality, I think the car is great for someone that is ok with it's driving characteristics for how they might use it but for me, as a daily driver, the regular old S3 would do the trick. I didnt' plan on modding and tracking the RS3 or even driving it aggressively often.

And thank you for the congrats on my S3. Congrats on your RS3, it looks spectacular!

I am looking forward to digging into the S3 and having some fun with it. I might do a piggy back JB4 tune, tint the window, and maybe adjust suspension.
Did you mod your RS3? Do you track it?
Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hbcucat,

With all do respect, if you really read these forums, you would know that Terry, first of all, just got his car, and second, he would NOT ever, ever mod his car. Just sayin.

Originally Posted by hbcucat
Thanks Terry. I appreciate the comment. When I posted the review on the RS3, alot of folks that were waiting for their RS3's to come in on order were a little concerned I guess and instead of taking it for what it was (an opinion on what does or does not work for me) they took my critical comments on the car and attacked hahaha. When in all reality, I think the car is great for someone that is ok with it's driving characteristics for how they might use it but for me, as a daily driver, the regular old S3 would do the trick. I didnt' plan on modding and tracking the RS3 or even driving it aggressively often.

And thank you for the congrats on my S3. Congrats on your RS3, it looks spectacular!

I am looking forward to digging into the S3 and having some fun with it. I might do a piggy back JB4 tune, tint the window, and maybe adjust suspension.
Did you mod your RS3? Do you track it?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rans09vert
Hbcucat,

With all do respect, if you really read these forums, you would know that Terry, first of all, just got his car, and second, he would NOT ever, ever mod his car. Just sayin.
Sorry not sure what you're trying to say? You want me to read more of the forums? I saw his post where he bought the RS3 and I said congrats to Terry. I also commented on that post if you really read these forums you would have seen that. With all due respect...
Old 06-17-2019, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't you take a big financial beating when changing out new for new car? Feels like you would have lost more than the price difference?

I'd be ok with either car. Would have got an RS3 but couldn't get an allocation when I wanted to take European delivery, so just got a used S3 instead. Had I got the RS3, I'd have done all the same mods to that too....
Old 06-17-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hbcucat
Sorry not sure what you're trying to say? You want me to read more of the forums? I saw his post where he bought the RS3 and I said congrats to Terry. I also commented on that post if you really read these forums you would have seen that. With all due respect...
I was not trying to say anything other than, Terry posts quite a bit. He has posted on several, many, topics about not modding your car under warranty. That's all.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Spinnetti
Don't you take a big financial beating when changing out new for new car? Feels like you would have lost more than the price difference?

I'd be ok with either car. Would have got an RS3 but couldn't get an allocation when I wanted to take European delivery, so just got a used S3 instead. Had I got the RS3, I'd have done all the same mods to that too....
Yea. Taxes kill me. But I am getting a dealers license as soon as I can find a location so I can buy and sell without the major tax hit. Should have done it a long time ago.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rans09vert
I was not trying to say anything other than, Terry posts quite a bit. He has posted on several, many, topics about not modding your car under warranty. That's all.
Thanks. I'll start following Terry. He's a cool guy.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn. This is pretty unusual. Swapping around cars like this must not be very economical. Even if I were massively wealthy I would try to get something that I know that I would be happy with for at least a couple years. w/e floats your boat but it seems a little silly in my world.

Quick Reply: Sold My 2018 RS3 & GOT A 2019 S3...