Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Is this the Sirius Module on Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Is this the Sirius Module on Q7?

I'm trying to find the Sirius module on my Q7 to make sure the connections are good since I'm getting "linking" that never goes away. From what I read all of the modules should be in the passenger wheel well area next to the tool kit.

I only see one component installed there and it doesn't look the same as the pics I see of replacement units. I'm wondering if this really the unit, or if I'm looking in the wrong place or if it has been removed all together.

Here is a pic of mine. It looks like the only way to get a look at the label on it is to remove the whole bracket so before I went further was hoping someone could offer advice.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

Yep, that's it.

Unplug all the plugs, push the little tab on the right down and it slides right out. No need to remove the whole bracket.
The following users liked this post:
frqflyer (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I saw the tab when inspecting it and couldn't get it to release despite holding it down and looking for other tabs. It felt very rigid like it was bolted somewhere. I will give it a go again and be a little more aggressive with it.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I pulled it out and the part number is 4G0 035 082 (no revision letter like A, B, C etc that I can see anywhere). Seemed like the 2011 models had a B or higher based on some limited research?

Searching that part number seemed to indicate that in 2011 the Sirius module was integrated into the radio unit and not a standalone module like in earlier ones. If anyone has a good source for parts diagrams I could be 100% sure instead of inferring.

At any rate I got an ODBeleven and scanned it. A few codes related to the sound system but were older so I cleared them. One came back and I wish I had saved it because it hasn't come back on subsequent scans. It was something related to a "missing message"

Still no joy after clearing the faults, the "linking" issue persists. My firmware is either the first or second release (can't recall if hand) and I'm wondering if that will solve the issue on a long shot since I've seen it fixed for others by upgrading. Might be a long shot but it's worth a try I guess.

The only other two culprits seem to be the tuner (aforementioned part number) or the antenna itself. I saw other VAG scans that listed that part number and referenced Sirius as the failed module when it died, so I'm deducing if mine were failed there is a good chance it would show up in my scan, which leaves me with the antenna.

Anyone know what the connections are on the unit I pictured for the Sirius antenna leads? I'm thinking about buying one but want to test it before I year into the headliner and the wiring isn't obvious until I access the old one.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by frqflyer
...Searching that part number seemed to indicate that in 2011 the Sirius module was integrated into the radio unit and not a standalone module like in earlier ones. If anyone has a good source for parts diagrams I could be 100% sure instead of inferring....
Not sure where you're going with this, but that is the AM, FM and sat tuner. Don't believe it? Unplug it and then rescan...

Satellite connection is the single plug. Grab any satellite antenna with the same connector and it should work.

Do AM and FM work?
Old 08-03-2019, 12:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had seen so much conflicting info on if the module was standalone or integrated. I have confirmed it is integrated. I scanned with OBDeleven and got no errors. I've seen others show errors with the integrated Sirius component failed as well as errors relating to the antenna when it was failed.

FM/HD, AM and Nav all work great. Just can't get Sirius to stop saying "linking" on every channel.

I think I'm going to update the MMI next just to make sure that doesn't fix and if not I will try an antenna and if that doesn't fix it I guess a new radio module is the last thing to try.