Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Nav Traffic update confusion!

Old 06-23-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Traffic update confusion!

Hello,
could you please explain to me how does the Nav Traffic Update works. I always thought that it works when you have a SIM card for Audi connect. But both of my Audis don’t have SIM cards, but traffic info works. I have iPhones from ATT connected via Bluetooth, so it uses data from them? I’m a bit confused.
Thank You
Old 06-23-2019, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

What year is your car? Some are through SiriusXM and some are through data using INRIX.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
What year is your car? Some are through SiriusXM and some are through data using INRIX.
Both of my cars are 2012, one is Audi Q7 Sline, and second is 2012 A6 Prestige. I don’t have SiriusXM and I have no clue what is INRIX.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashtrom
Both of my cars are 2012, one is Audi Q7 Sline, and second is 2012 A6 Prestige. I don’t have SiriusXM and I have no clue what is INRIX.
If you are still getting traffic updates, they are being done through Sirius. Perhaps you have some sort of trial on your cars? It is separate from a radio trial/ subscription. INRIX is a traffic service that was added to 2016+ cars and is done through an Audi Connect data connection.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
If you are still getting traffic updates, they are being done through Sirius. Perhaps you have some sort of trial on your cars? It is separate from a radio trial/ subscription. INRIX is a traffic service that was added to 2016+ cars and is done through an Audi Connect data connection.
You are probably right about Sirius. At least that’s only logical explanation.
Thank You
Old 06-24-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I went to the Sirius website after reading this to check out pricing and coverage for NavTraffic and learned I can get a 2 month free trial of XM radio and NavTraffic, so I just enabled it.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Patrick303
I just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread. I went to the Sirius website after reading this to check out pricing and coverage for NavTraffic and learned I can get a 2 month free trial of XM radio and NavTraffic, so I just enabled it.
No Problem!!!
But im still a bit confused, I have never signed up for any trials on Sirius or anything else like that. I don’t use NAV that much to care for traffic updates. So how did I get them I got no clue.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How long have you had your car? It looks like SiriusXM and NavTraffic are annual subscriptions, so perhaps the previous owner has you paid up or forgot to cancel the subscription.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There was a time where the new vehicles came with 3 months free for Sirius radio and 3-4 years free for the Sirius traffic. When I had my 2013 allroad, Sirius cancelled my traffic subscription when the radio trial expired and I called in and they just gave me the credit to my account for the remainder instead of turning traffic back on, that I ended up using on radio instead of traffic. If that makes any sense.

Last edited by Wuplur; 06-25-2019 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Patrick303
How long have you had your car? It looks like SiriusXM and NavTraffic are annual subscriptions, so perhaps the previous owner has you paid up or forgot to cancel the subscription.
Only few month, but my other car, which we had for few years also has traffic updates. It makes no sense to me. But whatever, I wonder if Sirius occasionally turns it one to tease people, LoL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nav Traffic update confusion!