Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Considering an RS5....couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering an RS5....couple questions...

Hi All,

Considering an RS5 for a fun family car and had a couple questions for the Audi's pros and experts. Some of the review video's I have watched show an Alcantara wheel and also an Alcantara option on the lower sides of the console? I don't see those on the configurator, but are those options that are available to spec?

Also, I know Audi exclusive can do some additional items, but if I wanted to get the dash and top of door panels done in leather as well is that possible?

Appreciate the feedback.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

So you want Alcantara or leather....or both?
Mine came with the CF dash and console, alcantara door panels, nappa leather seats and leather steering wheel and gear shift ****. I don't think the top of the dash is available in leather but not sure. I can get the window sticker out if you want more info on my build.

Last edited by 18RSFive; 06-25-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mile2424
Hi All,

Considering an RS5 for a fun family car and had a couple questions for the Audi's pros and experts. Some of the review video's I have watched show an Alcantara wheel and also an Alcantara option on the lower sides of the console? I don't see those on the configurator, but are those options that are available to spec?

Also, I know Audi exclusive can do some additional items, but if I wanted to get the dash and top of door panels done in leather as well is that possible?

Appreciate the feedback.

Alcantara wheel comes standard in some regions but in the US we just get perforated leather. The door inserts do come standard in Alcantara in the US. If you add the Nappa leather option the soft touch plastics of the arm rests and center console gets replaced with Nappa leather as well as the seats.

Audi Exclusive wise for the US, the only surfaces you can customize are the same surfaces that get upgraded when you select the Nappa leather option. So you can't get leather up on the dash or the top of the door panels. Those customization are also limited to Audi exclusive leather and stitching colors. No option to make those parts in Alcantara.

You can add Alcantara to the left and ride sides of the steering wheel though as well as the shift ****. To do that you're looking at adding $2,400 to your order which would also include some other steering wheel customization such as leather type and stitch coloring for the non-Alcantara parts.

Last edited by heymoe; 06-25-2019 at 01:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MRA5SB (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

gotcha thanks for the replies. I was wondering if it was just a US vs euro spec or something like that.

And yes, I was referring to covering the dash in additional nappa leather with the same contrasting stitching as everywhere else.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I upgraded to an alcantara wheel and **** after i purchased the car... I was able to order those original audi parts through a friend. If you're interested I can put you in contact with him. It'll be much much cheaper around $1K for the wheel and *** instead of going through audi
Old 06-26-2019, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do think it's a little weird Audi doesn't offer a full leather dash for the RS5.
MRA5SB (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 06:49 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissMTNAlien
I do think it's a little weird Audi doesn't offer a full leather dash for the RS5.
Full leather dash under the windshield would concern me if I parked the car outside without an edge-to-edge high quality sunscreen. I remember 70s & 80s car with vinyl on top of the dash cracking and looking like crap after a few years. Granted, if you kept on top of it religiously you’d be OK, but people who elected to just let it slide would probably bad-mouth the brand for poor quality.

— John
Old 06-26-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is an Alcantara headliner an option on the RS5? I don't think it's standard but couldn't remember
Old 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 165 Posts

Not in the U.S.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Nikon1
Full leather dash under the windshield would concern me if I parked the car outside without an edge-to-edge high quality sunscreen. I remember 70s & 80s car with vinyl on top of the dash cracking and looking like crap after a few years. Granted, if you kept on top of it religiously you’d be OK, but people who elected to just let it slide would probably bad-mouth the brand for poor quality.

— John
It holds up much better than you might think. My last 3 911s had full leather interiors and that does include the dashboard. I never used a windshield screen and there was no damage to the dashboard leather.
Nikon1 (06-27-2019)

Quick Reply: Considering an RS5....couple questions...