A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Ordered Today: 2020 A8L 60 TFSI

Old 07-19-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts
Default Car Ordered Today: 2020 A8L 60 TFSI

Well, the car is finally ordered. No 2020 pricing available yet, but between the 2019 V8's just released retail prices and a couple of guesses on my part, I have a general idea of where the MSRP list price will fall. The only ordering issue is the unavailability of the Black headliner with the Saiga Beige interior on the V8 model--I really don't get that decision by Audi, but I'll have my sales rep question this with the regional Audi rep.

So here's the lift from the Build Order's detail:

Vehicle Details
COMM #: XXXXXX VIN: -
Owning Dealer: XXXXXX
Vehicle Status: Order Waitlist
Order Type SOLD - Customer Sold Order
Original ETA: -
Current ETA: -
ETA Status: -
Open Campaigns: No
Sale Reported Date: -

Configuration
Model Year: 2020
Carline: A8
Model: 4N85EA - A8 L 60 TFSI quattro
Exterior: F4F4 - Vesuvius Gray metallic
Interior: WL - Saiga Beige

Factory Options:
PAW - Cold Weather package
PX6 - Lighting package
WS2 - Luxury package
WTL - Executive package
0N5 - Audi dynamic all-wheel steering
2K7 - Sport Style Exterior package
8IZ – LED headlights with Audi laser light
9R1 - Night vision assistant
ACG - Audi connect Guide
PCN - Driver Assistance package
PE6 - Rear Seat Comfort package

Port Installed Accessories:
IEP - Audi Guard Protection Kit
LUC - USB Cables

Order Type: SOLD - Customer Sold Order
MSRP: $0
Holds: No

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-19-2019 at 12:07 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by derfA8L:
angrypengu (07-19-2019), ArchieStanton (07-21-2019), MorganMay (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 776 Likes on 568 Posts

Congratulations @derfA8L !! I'm really really happy for you as I know you've thought about this decision in depth, and even thought about another car (the Cayenne Coupe!). I feel obligated to say that I was having a really bad afternoon (headache re: summer storm) and once I saw this thread and then opened it, it absolutely made my day! I've been thinking about your D5 decision for a while!

Congrats again! I guess the decision to stick with the Premium 3D sound system won out! Being a good corporate steward is not something I see very often anymore, so good on you!

PS What is the Audi guard protection kit that's installed at port?
Old 07-19-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 156 Likes on 122 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the impatiently waiting ranks! You will have one fine automobile there. I appreciate your heads-up on laser light availability for the 2020 V8 - I am having my dealership try to modify my order to add this option - fingers crossed. Did I read correctly that you have some information regarding the additional cost for the 2019 with V8 rather than V6? Since I am in the dark on the V8 upcharge for my ordered 2020, I'd be interested to know what that upcharge is for 2019.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MorganMay
Since I am in the dark on the V8 upcharge for my ordered 2020, I'd be interested to know what that upcharge is for 2019.
He posted about it here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-msrp-2976152/

It's in the PDF.

If your order is not "Frozen to Changes", they should be able to modify it! Fingers crossed for you indeed!
Old 07-19-2019, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Congratulations @derfA8L !! I'm really really happy for you as I know you've thought about this decision in depth, and even thought about another car (the Cayenne Coupe!). I feel obligated to say that I was having a really bad afternoon (headache re: summer storm) and once I saw this thread and then opened it, it absolutely made my day! I've been thinking about your D5 decision for a while!

Congrats again! I guess the decision to stick with the Premium 3D sound system won out! Being a good corporate steward is not something I see very often anymore, so good on you!

PS What is the Audi guard protection kit that's installed at port?
Thanks Angypengu! Really appreciate the nice thought, and happy I could help make your day a bit better.

After going back on Tuesday to listen to the Premium system on a different D5, the acoustic sound experience was quite different—much better to my ears for the recorded iPhone music in my library; the SiriusXM channels also sounded very good. I know the Advanced B&O system is a higher step up in sound, but I simply couldn’t justify going any higher on what’s expected to be an already glutinous lease...And other factory options are more important to me at this point. Some day...��. Maybe only a moderately good corporate citizen, truth be told ��

Answering your question: The Audi guard protection kit consists of all-weather floor mats (front & rear) and the trunk cargo liner.

Thanks again for the very nice words of encouragement throughout the decision process.

derf

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-19-2019 at 05:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MorganMay
Congratulations and welcome to the impatiently waiting ranks! You will have one fine automobile there. I appreciate your heads-up on laser light availability for the 2020 V8 - I am having my dealership try to modify my order to add this option - fingers crossed. Did I read correctly that you have some information regarding the additional cost for the 2019 with V8 rather than V6? Since I am in the dark on the V8 upcharge for my ordered 2020, I'd be interested to know what that upcharge is for 2019.
Thanks and happy to communicate any info I receive, so you’re very welcome.

The U.S. MSRP for the 2019 V8 is $96,800 which works out to $13K higher than the V6 model’s base price. As I mentioned in my other post, it’s (somewhat) possible that the ‘19 base retail price might be a bit inflated to offset some of the well discounted cost of the First Edition package that most of those dealer ordered cars will carry. This package doesn’t carry over into 2020, so there might possibly be a slight price drop there — but that could be big time wishful thinking on my part. Guess we’ll know shortly ��

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-19-2019 at 05:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by derfA8L:
angrypengu (07-19-2019), MorganMay (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
He posted about it here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-msrp-2976152/

It's in the PDF.

If your order is not "Frozen to Changes", they should be able to modify it! Fingers crossed for you indeed!
Yup to both.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So, because I’m a dog with a bone on the issue that you apparently cannot order the black alcantara headliner (or the black cloth version, for that matter) on the V8 model when getting the Saiga Beige leather interior—which already surrounded with black carpeting, black upper/lower instrument panel, and black upper/lower door panels. You can only get the Pastel Silver colored headliner. There was indeed a prohibition in the 2019 V8 model order guide about pairing the Saiga Beige with the Black alcantara/cloth headliners, but nothing about that in the 2020 guide—So what the heck?!!!

Below are side-by-side images of the two different alcantara headliner color treatments paired with Saiga Beige. Really can’t understand why in the world they’d prevent you from going with black headliner, but it’s making me a little bit crazy, and my wife (“the Boss”) isn’t happy about it either. I suppose we could live with the lighter headliner, but my wife thinks it makes the interior look too busy. Could go with Nutmeg leather, but concerned that’s a bit too orangey looking. My salesperson has emailed his Audi regional rep about this, but I’m not holding out too much hope that this will change. At the end of the day, it’s certainly not a world-ending calamity, and most certainly “an uptown problem,” but what do you folks think? Perhaps switch to Pearl Beige, if having to go with the light headliner, and buy a ton of leather and carpet cleaner and always wear sunglasses 🤪.

Old 07-20-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Late to the party, but congrats!

I don't have a "boss", so you'd think wanting to go to a D5 eventually would be easier for me, right? But the "wife" inside me seems to constantly intervene and remind me how much I don't like the touch screen controls on all new Audis.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by derfA8L
So, because I’m a dog with a bone on the issue that you apparently cannot order the black alcantara headliner (or the black cloth version, for that matter) on the V8 model when getting the Saiga Beige leather interior—which already surrounded with black carpeting, black upper/lower instrument panel, and black upper/lower door panels. You can only get the Pastel Silver colored headliner. There was indeed a prohibition in the 2019 V8 model order guide about pairing the Saiga Beige with the Black alcantara/cloth headliners, but nothing about that in the 2020 guide—So what the heck?!!!

Below are side-by-side images of the two different alcantara headliner color treatments paired with Saiga Beige. Really can’t understand why in the world they’d prevent you from going with black headliner, but it’s making me a little bit crazy, and my wife (“the Boss”) isn’t happy about it either. I suppose we could live with the lighter headliner, but my wife thinks it makes the interior look too busy. Could go with Nutmeg leather, but concerned that’s a bit too orangey looking. My salesperson has emailed his Audi regional rep about this, but I’m not holding out too much hope that this will change. At the end of the day, it’s certainly not a world-ending calamity, and most certainly “an uptown problem,” but what do you folks think? Perhaps switch to Pearl Beige, if having to go with the light headliner, and buy a ton of leather and carpet cleaner and always wear sunglasses 🤪.

Is Sard Brown too dark? Personally the grey headliner is a dealbreaker for me. Funny story, when I was evaluating the previous gen LS460, the current gen LS500, the 2018 Audi A8 and the 2019 Audi A8, the LS460 was near the top. Perfect ride, perfect noise insulation, very low mileage, CPO, etc. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I noticed the grey headliner (silver on black). The grey headliner, as pointed out by my good friend who was with me at the time, made the car look like it was from the late 90s. Once I heard that, I pondered about what was said, and agreed instantly.

It dates the car, severely, and to me, is a deal breaker.

I know you like light colors, so you're either stuck with Audi Individual which is a 9-12 month lead time for a car, or to switch to a different color. It's been a while since we chatted about your color preferences so apologies I forget the whole story, but what do you think about Sard Brown?

Personally, I hate the color brown, but I must say, sard brown in person is a beautiful rich color. Not sure if it's too dark, but I would think you can get the black headliner with that.

That said I would hold out for the regional rep to get back to you. That's a very odd thing to block you from your existing preference. I mean, you could always just buy the black cloth/alcantara headliner and get the dealer to put it on, but that's another $3k or so I would think....

Anyhow, do let us know what you decide please!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Ordered Today: 2020 A8L 60 TFSI