I don't understand why we (So Cal Audi's) can't get together and

Old 08-29-2005, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why would you be proud of that?!?!? maybe u should hang with the dubbers!
Old 08-29-2005, 09:24 AM

Default clearly you dont...

attend the current GTG's and then talk to people in person about drives. you'll get a much clearer picture of peoples interests when you talk to them in person.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:27 AM

Default I've had and I still do. I have a lot of friends who have dubs, but

they are not reckless drivers. It seems to me that you think the dub people are bad. I think you think that you are to good for them just cause you drive an Audi....if it's true that is sad.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM

Default i dont care what u drive. if you're going to drive like an idiot (as the vw's community...

has gained a reputation for) you're and idiot in my book.

i've seem pleanty of nice cars be driven in a reckless manner, ferrari, porsche, MB, BMW, Lambo (don't get me started) and the point is the same. don't drive fast on public roads. save it for the track. period.

regarding the dubbers being "bad".... well, they've worked hard on that reputation. i personally know of two regular GTG locations that they were thown out of because of their stunts. if they want a better image, they need to work on it. the two GTG's they were kicked out of was due to racing, blasting stereos, and trespassing.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM

Default Actually I do attend a lot of GTG's and I do know

how most of them are. Like I said before, people make stupid mistakes and do stupid stuff but you know what it's all part of growing up. Some mistakes have greater consequences than others. I lost a friend (who was a brother to me)because of someone's stupidity and mistake. I really don't know how we got into this but all I am trying to do is get some people together to have a good time, that is all.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:43 AM

Default yeah but you are judging the whole VW community for

a couple of bad apples. Look Deutsch, I don't know what you have against the VW community and frankly I really don't care all that I am trying to do is get together some people to go on a nice drive so I can meet other Audi enthusiasts like myself. So I invite you Deutsch, to come out one day and go for a drive so you can see not all dubbsters are bad, cause I too have a VW and I don't think I'm a bad person. =o)
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 AM

Default thanks for the invite, but I'll never make it...

as i've stated before, i think drives are stupid.

if the VW community would self-regulate, and kick out its own bad apples, maybe then they might stand a chance of improving their image.

btw: i have a VW also, '99 Passat... not quite the boy racer R32, but it does it's job.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VW, Audi, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, etc

I have been involved with a few small GTG's from bikes to cars. As per the VW's in SOCAL, i have met many people from different groups/clubs. Most of which are such class acts, George, Lon, Bernie, Eugene, however, the people who give them a bad name (and i will mention no names or group/club affiliation), do a damn fine job at it. Further, there are many people in this particular demographic who are tired of the "jerks" that give them a bad name. They are tired of blown spots, cops, and are more interested in talking motorsports than "my new blow off valve and my 500 watt amp....(which they turn on and **** everyone off with); Burnouts....come on, not at the GTG spot. Save it for somewhere else or, just dont do it. I had a great VW GTG at my shop. Great group, class act. NO worries whatsoever. Sophisticated, respectful, pure class. But then, someone has to turn it into somehting that most people dont want....a great event doesnt have to be 5000 cars...it is about the people, the interaction, the cars, forming relationships and sharing passion.

Go for a drive, yeah right.....i only drive with peole i know; And, just because you have big brakes and R compound, sway bars, doesnt mean you can drive worth a damn. Trust me, i went to my first track day and I sucked! So, i dont drive with gruops, learned that lesson a while back(thanks mike).

I think the biggest problem is the lack of accountability. You have a GTG and nobody wants to be the bad guy and enforce, or nobody lays out any structure. And if they do, they dont enforce it....p*ssys. Nothing makes me more angry than the one guy that has to show off by revving or a burnout.....i got news for you, we can all do it...and if you are doing it, you probably cant drive worth a damn. YOU NEVER SEE EXPERIENCE TRACK DRIVERS DOING THIS STUFF. NEVER.

I dont think that the VW crowd is bad...or too young to be sophisticated. to the contrary, i think that most are...and most are super cool. Most of the clubs are well run and orgainzed...I take my hat off to Lon, George, Eugene....they have done a fine job. When they do anything, i know it is a class event.

Yesterday, we had a nice turnout, and there was one guy in a trans am, with his stereo on and bass pumping....nobody asked him to turn it off, well, it is my spot, it is my job. I very respectfully asked him and he did. GOOD GUY! Otherwise, i would have told him to get the F*ck out. But, i believe most people will step up to the plate and respect. So, as far as the Vw's go, 99% are good in my book, that other 1 % is completely worthless. But, that is the same for any group.

And lastly, i really dont give a Sh*t about what kind of car you drive....and A%%hole is and A%%hole....they migh just drive a nicer car.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Just remember big fellah, when it's time to put the "Kybash" on somebody, I got your back!! :-Þ
Old 08-29-2005, 11:14 AM

280lb of hurt there! got my back too? ;-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I don't understand why we (So Cal Audi's) can't get together and