So Cali AWD Dyno Day

Old 09-22-2016, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default So Cali AWD Dyno Day

Restarting post from the A6 C7 forum to finalize details...
After weeks of planning... here are event details...

So Cali Dyno Day
November 12, 2016

15631 Graham Street Unit C
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone: 714-841-1000
Shop's Website: Services - Maintenance & Performance - Auto Union Tuning

3 pulls for $110.00 Reduced from 120 for 3-cars.

Place was selected because only 1 person gave their preference, and no one else gave preference. Also, it appears more meet friendly with open area location & breezy parking lot.
However warning..., police more in-force so please drive responsibly and safely though area.

Timeframe
November 12, 2016
10:00am - 1:00pm Dyno runs
1:00pm - 2:30pm Lunch at Hangout Too https://www.yelp.com/biz/hangout-too...ntington-beach

To officially RSVP
Please PM me your phone and name. If there is last minute change I can text you. Also to confirm you are still intending to show day before meet for head count or in case of last minute cancellation.

Current lineup
*Watdat23
*Tomieg
IknowhuhA6

General Info.
*There will be three cars to Dyno. Each taking roughly 45-60 minutes I was told. Wheels will need to come off the car.
Bring wheel locks if you use these.

I will be attending, but will not be using this shop's Dyno. I will Dyno my car later at another shop. You Dyno your car at your own risk and service contract between you and AU Tuning. Please call Dyno shop on your own to ask for any pre-setup requirements if any.

I am just facilitating the event as courtesy help with no obligations, and am not affiliated with, nor endorse this shop or its services.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 10-31-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am only good for weekends.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't personally need to dyno but ill show up to hang out, pig out, and snack out.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 949
I don't personally need to dyno but ill show up to hang out, pig out, and snack out.
Sounds like we have enough people for a pizza-Dyno party!!

Just waiting for the OP of the original thread to confirm possible days. This whole event is the brainchild of VodkaG. Think he's been pretty busy lately so just PM'd him asking for an update if we can still put this event together. = )
Old 10-01-2016, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update, we're getting closer
Hey guys... so got a PM from Vodka. Looks like he is OK, he's just been super busy as suspected. He has asked if I could help him plan this event.

I'm looking to plan this on a Saturday. Thinking of ordering a couple of pizza's. And.... I'd like to convince someone I know about helping us to do a photo shoot for each of our cars while there. So wash & wax em before showing up.

Target dates I'm thinking are:
Sat. Oct. 22,
Sat. Oct. 29 (sorry, No longer available for me to attend).
Sat. Nov. 5

I will post more info once I get a chance to call the dyno shops.

Here's the info he passed along by Vodka G.

Tuning Technologies
472 Fogg Street
Colton, CA 92324
Phone: (909) 783-1200

7L in Chino also have a AWD dyno
https://www.7lautosport.com/

The only two found around the IE area, their cost is about the same as I recalled but i think they are different dyno machines

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 10-09-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi everyone,

So glad that iknowhuhA6 can help out on planning this event. Big thanks!!

I am good on all the date 22, 30 or the 5th so far. I am def interested in joining you all.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

there is an audi shop in huntington beach.

AUTuning.
Auto Union Tuning - Audi/Volkswagen/Porsche Repair - Huntington Beach - Orange County

owner is cool to deal with. he has an 4wd dynapack. (the best dyno out there)

15631 Graham Street Unit C
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Phone: 714-841-1000
Old 10-06-2016, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Update.

I've been doing some research. 3 different dyno styles. Link to more information at further down in post with link.

1. DynoJet - a roller drums in floor where car gets driven onto these and strapped down.

2. Dynapack - a wheel-hub style where wheels are removed, adapter bolted on and a box attaches to each hub adapter to measure power directly from spinning axles. This system generally provides highest HP numbers because of its simulated design with less real world measurements.

3. Mustang Dyno - (style of dyno not related to car) A roller dyno that can simulate load. Many don't like this Dyno because it provides lower HP numbers compared to others. So basically these people don't like real numbers and like to inflate their numbers with as high a number as possible with Dynajet or Dynapack. The lower numbers are because of actual spinning tires and load meaning real wheel measurements.

PLEASE Google images of each of these to understand what these are.
We only have Dynapack and DynaJet available from shops in area.

Tuning Technologies = DynoJet
Smaller warehouse environment in industrial complex. Not as meet friendly, more of a get in & get moving.

AU Tuning = Dynapack
Seems to be more Audi experienced shop, medium sized facility and great website (the half that works anyways).

7L Motorsports = Dynapack
Facility has nice big facility with car lifts. Possibly best setup for a nice meet.

Personally, I will NOT accept a Dynapack dyno run on any car of mine. I want the wheels and true weight drag to measure real power with weight of having to spin tires. So let me know what you guys prefer.

If you guys decide on AU Tuning or 7L motorsports they are nicer facilities but I will only visit to say hello. I absolutely will not dyno my car there. Nothing wrong with any of these dyno places, just personal preference.

Once we settle on place, I can check availability as they may be booked.

Here is useful information for those interested.
Chassis Dyno Guide - Frequently Asked Questions About Dyno Tests - Hot Rod Network

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 10-07-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested depending on the date.
Old 10-07-2016, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tomieg
I'm interested depending on the date.
Hi Tomieg,
Welcome,

Looking into one more Dyno place I found today in Montclair area. But this one is only open on weekdays normally with special appointments on weekends so I should have more info next week.

Stay tuned. Regardless of my preference, my priority is planning a successful event based on everyone's feedback.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So Cali AWD Dyno Day