So Cali AWD Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant even see the tiny pic to be offended. so now I'm not even offended at all.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 949
I cant even see the tiny pic to be offended. so now I'm not even offended at all.
Sigh.... everybody's a critic LOL. Found graphic with higher resolution and updated that previous post. There... I hope you're offended now... I mean happy.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Update...

If you guys decide on AU tuning, First available date as of TODAY is November 12 based on their availability.

I drove to both facilities today to do a cursory inspection.

If you guys take too long to respond this date may push out even further.

So please be warned... vendors/shops are not going to wait for you to be available.

Please respond ASAP. Our confirmed date is now unsure depending on your responses.

Thank you.

In meantime.. hope this graphic helps you prepare for the Dyno run. I know it's for a honda but same principles apply.
November 12 is fine for me.

-Tom
Old 10-19-2016, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ok guys. It's time to set the confirmed date. I will duplicate this info in first post.

So Cali Dyno Day
November 12, 2016

15631 Graham Street Unit C
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Phone: 714-841-1000
Shop's Website: Services - Maintenance & Performance - Auto Union Tuning

3 pulls for $110.00 Reduced from 120 for 3-cars.

Place was selected because only 1 person gave location preference, and no one else gave preference. Also, it appears more meet friendly with open area location & breezy parking lot.
However warning..., police more in-force so please drive responsibly and safely though area.

Timeframe
November 12, 2016
10:00am - 1:00pm Dyno runs
1:00pm - 2:30pm Lunch at Hangout Too https://www.yelp.com/biz/hangout-too...ntington-beach

To officially RSVP
Please PM me your phone and name. If there is last minute change I can text you. Also to confirm you are still intending to show day before meet for head count or in case of last minute cancellation.

Current lineup
*Watdat23
*Tomieg
IknowhuhA6

General Info.
*There will be three cars to Dyno. Each taking roughly 45-60 minutes I was told. Wheels will need to come off the car.
Bring wheel locks if you use these.

I will be attending, but will not be using this shop's Dyno. I will Dyno my car later at another shop. You Dyno your car at your own risk and service contract between you and AU Tuning. Please call Dyno shop on your own to ask for any pre-setup requirements if any.

I am just facilitating the event as courtesy help with no obligations, and am not affiliated with, nor endorse this shop or its services.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 10-31-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sweet man! Thanks for setting all this up. I have an appointment with them next weekend to install some goodies. Let's see how that goes...
Old 10-26-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

cool. I can now ask the owner what new software is available for protuning is available. last time I asked he said nothing is available yet for my car. this is a good excuse to chat with him.

hows the food at that place?

also I recommend 034 motorsport parts especially suspension stiffening parts. they seem to keep coming out with new parts once in a while, even for older cars.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry guys, finally get a chance to check things

I am interested in doing the dyno but only if there are 3 people signing up for it. Also never done a dyno on a dynopack machine (done all of my previous dyno on a dynopack with the wheels on)
Old 10-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We planning a rendezvous to the shop?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vodka G
Sorry guys, finally get a chance to check things

I am interested in doing the dyno but only if there are 3 people signing up for it. Also never done a dyno on a dynopack machine (done all of my previous dyno on a dynopack with the wheels on)
Hi Vodka G.

Are you ok with the Dynapack or are you unwilling to use that setup?
So fat it's one vote for AU with Dynapack and One vote from me for Tuning Technologies with full roller dyno.

I'm the lesser vote since i'm setting the meet up. No one else voted so I had to go with what you guys choose. Which is why I'm not dynoing my car.

I need you guys to vote. I offered to help setup but I can't if you guys don't respond.

What's your vote.. you OK with AU tuning's dyna pack or not?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tomieg
We planning a rendezvous to the shop?
Yes original plan was to meet at dyno shop based on their hours and lunch break.

However.. the alternate location in warehouse area has dyno rollers and we could meet and drive to area in caravan if preferred. They originally told me they could accommodate a custom schedule when I first called them week ago when they gave me non-internet higher price.

Quick Reply: So Cali AWD Dyno Day