Stoney's moving to Santa Monica. Looking for job connections (project mgr, medical device, audio...)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stoney's moving to Santa Monica. Looking for job connections (project mgr, medical device, audio...)

Yes, my life is changing. Any help or new friends in West-side LA would be appreciated!

The facts:

This move may take a year, so I'm doing early research. Could be moved up if the job is right.

The love of my life and I are reuniting after a quarter century apart. We spent 10 months making sure we were free of nostalgia, fantasy, neediness, dependence, a desire to escape our present relationship... and found when all that is cleared away, that being together is the most important thing. We didn't need to have an affair... we already knew each other. ;^) Because we had influenced each other so much in how we grew into mature adults in that 3 years together around 1980, that we ended up becoming mirror images of each other. So, in a sense, we are custom-built for each other. The metaphor of "soul mate" is appropriate. Ever had one of those relationships in which you are inspired all the time by each other's humanity?

My career has been a bit broad, around mechanical and systems engineering at project engineer/manager. Lately, I manage projects and write proposals for a medical device contract product developer. I have special background in R&D. I started out at JPL/NASA in acoustics research and flight hardware development for shuttle flights. BS Physics, MS Engineering.

I could find a new career in another industry doing project/program management and business development, or better still in the medical device and diagnostics field.

I'm also a "personal coach" and call my company "Consultants For Living". My specialty is relationships and self esteem/acceptance and free self-expression, and in general, living the life you love. I also consult in career development. I've been doing this on and off for 26 years. This, and technical consulting and audio reviewing (<A HREF="http://sonolithics.com">Sonolithics.com</A>, and my <a href="http://www.ieeeusa.org/business/consultants/cgi-bin/consultant.cgi?task=search/search_type=name/First_Name=James/Last_Name=Stoneburner">Consulting Page at IEEE</a> page).
Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Southwest does not equal SoCal