AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   TDI Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tdi-discussion-101/)
-   -   2014 Q5 TDI adblue (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tdi-discussion-101/2014-q5-tdi-adblue-2973143/)

utzybuzzy 05-28-2019 10:28 PM

2014 Q5 TDI adblue

I know this isn't discussed much, but I recently am having a problem with my diesel. Besides my left running light having gone out, ever since the fix my check engine light has been on and off for a while. We've been adding more adblue as expected, but this past month we'd put it in and it would say 500 miles till wouldn't start, add more then said 250 miles and the more we added, the amount finally went down to 20 miles till no restart so now my car has been at Audi service over a week and every test they ran, even after calling the Audi main service dept, failed to fix the problem. Just got a call saying they talked to the main district technician who said to install a new adblue sensor injector. My questions are why couldn't they do this in the 1st place and is this issue considered to be caused by the fix so we wouldn't have to pay for it? After this debacle, I'm ready to sell the car! Thank uou.

KevinGary 05-29-2019 03:16 AM

Keep track of the repairs and the days in service. Maybe you will be eligible for a buy back under the Lemon Law provisions of the EPA Fix. There are a few owners over on the TDi Club forum that got Lemon Law buybacks under the EPA fix. They made out extremely well.

Subhas 06-18-2019 08:44 AM

help

Originally Posted by KevinGary (Post 25322885)
Keep track of the repairs and the days in service. Maybe you will be eligible for a buy back under the Lemon Law provisions of the EPA Fix. There are a few owners over on the TDi Club forum that got Lemon Law buybacks under the EPA fix. They made out extremely well.

Hello,

Any information on where to find the lemon law provision for EPA fix would helpful to me. I own a 2014 Q7 TDI. The fix was completed in Jan of this year and so far its been in the shop 2 times for emissions related issues. I'm really getting frustrated with this. I've own this car since March 2014 and until March 2019 have had no issues !! Until the Diesel fix.

KevinGary 06-19-2019 03:56 PM

The settlement with the government has its own independent Lemon Law provision that is triggered on the date the fix is performed. It runs for 18 months/18k miles from the fix. If the dealer is unable to repair an item after 4 attempts, or the car spends a cumulative total of 30 days in the shop for repairs, Audi has to buy the car back at the same buy back price that applied as if there was never a fix for the car. Several Lemon Law backs have been reported under this provision.

Found it in the FTC Amended Second Partial Stipulated Order (05/17/2017). Page 43-44, L-M.

L. Defendants must offer (for Repaired Vehicles) or reoffer (for Modified Vehicles) and provide a Buyback or Lease Termination to any Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee of a Modified or Repaired Vehicle, in the event that, during the 18 months or 18,000 miles(whichever occurs first)following the completion of the Approved Emissions Modification or Certified Emissions Repair (the “Reoffer Period”):

1. Defendants fail to repair or remedy (at Volkswagen’s expense)a confirmed mechanical failure or malfunction covered by the Extended Emissions Warranty and associated with the Approved Emissions Modification or Certified Emissions Repair(a “Warrantable Failure”) after the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee physically presents the Modified or Repaired Vehicle to a Dealer for repair of the Warrantable Failure and:

a. the Warrantable Failure is unable to be remedied after making four(4) separate service visits for the same Warrantable Failure during the Reoffer Period; or

b. the Modified or Repaired Vehicle with the Warrantable Failure is out of service due to the Warrantable Failure for a cumulative total of 30 days during the Reoffer Period. For avoidance of doubt, a Modified or Repaired Vehicle shall not be deemed “out of service” when, after diagnosing the Warrantable Failure, the Dealer returns or tenders the Modified or Repaired Vehicle to the customer while he Modified or Repaired Vehicle remains Operable.

M. If any such consumer is entitled to elect and elects a Buyback or Lease Termination pursuant to Subsection L, the owner or lessee shall receive the Consumer Payments that he or she would have received under a Buyback or Lease Termination at the time the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee first requested the Approved Emissions Modification, less any Consumer Payments already received; or in the case of a Certified Emissions Repair, the Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee shall receive the Generation 2 Buyback Restitution or Generation 2 Lessee Restitution payments, less any Consumer Payments made, with the exception of any Generation 2 Participation Payments. No Eligible Owner or Eligible Lessee shall receive double recovery of any portion of any Consumer Payment.

Michal Borcz 09-13-2019 05:00 AM

Just wanted to give you a quick suggestion on the running light issue - remove the driver, clean contacts and plug it back it - this fixed my issue once on the left side and once on the right few months back.

1stGOAT 09-13-2019 06:48 AM

Just wanted to comment on the adblue issue. You should have taken the car to the dealer when you got the first light, The adblue is free for the full extended warranty period we have from the lawsuit and they would have done what you didn't do which was to reset the adblue getting low message. My dealer did warn me about exactly what you experienced. Car won't start if you let it get to zero. Too late for you now but for others, just go to the dealer and let them fill it up for you (I think it is either 4 or 5 gal) and reset the getting low message (never let it get to zero)