AdBlue Additions

Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default AdBlue Additions

I was told by one of the techs at my dealer that the AdBlue is refilled through the port under the fuel flap; but the AdBlue level sensor has to be readapted. He said that it can be done with the VAG-COM, provided it has the latest software; but he would not provide details.

After working closely with Ross-Tech on this, I have what is probably the procedure using the VAG-COM unit; but Ross-Tech asked me not to publish it until I can prove that it works. Since my Q7 is only 4 days old and, hopefully, full of AdBlue, it's going to be a while before I have a chance to test the procedure on my car.

If anyone is anywhere near Atlanta and would like to use their Q7 as a test mule for the procedure, drop me an email: gwagen2000 at comcast dot net

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 06-07-2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is good news for those like me that don't like taking their cars to the stealership.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am not sure if this is an issue on the 2010 TDI? My Q7 owners manual outlines instructions for filling the AdBlue yourself, and doesn't mention anything about taking it to Audi to have the sensor reset. I got Audicare for mine, so I have a few years most likely before I need to worry about this, but I am curious if the earlier versions of TDIs indicate anything different in the book.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
I am not sure if this is an issue on the 2010 TDI? My Q7 owners manual outlines instructions for filling the AdBlue yourself, and doesn't mention anything about taking it to Audi to have the sensor reset. I got Audicare for mine, so I have a few years most likely before I need to worry about this, but I am curious if the earlier versions of TDIs indicate anything different in the book.
But it only talks about adding 2 X 1/2 gallon; and then heading to the dealer right away for a proper fill.

I plan to keep topping the AdBlue every 5k or 10k miles - before the system says it's necessary. That should allow me to stay ahead of the need for a readaptation. If not, I do have the VCDS and a suggested readapt procedure from Ross-tech.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
But it only talks about adding 2 X 1/2 gallon; and then heading to the dealer right away for a proper fill.

I plan to keep topping the AdBlue every 5k or 10k miles - before the system says it's necessary. That should allow me to stay ahead of the need for a readaptation. If not, I do have the VCDS and a suggested readapt procedure from Ross-tech.
Got it, yeah then that's what my manual indicates as well. i may try topping it up down the road, maybe at 10K miles and see how that works. Keep us posted as to how the topping up goes and I'll do the same down the road.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just added 2.5 gallons at 2,000 miles on the car. The dealer quite obviously did not fill it up prior to delivery.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kristatos

I have the 2009 2.7TDI - Does NOT use AdBlue. It started with the 2010 models.