Glow Plug Light Flashing 1 Week After Cambelt Change?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plug Light Flashing 1 Week After Cambelt Change?

Hi All,
So I've just had my Cambelt, Waterpump and V Belt changed on my 2012 Audi A3 2.0 TDI (140). I had it done directly with Audi because I knew it was a big job and I don't really have a garage that I trust/have experience with...

I picked the car up a week ago (last weekend), however I haven't driven the car except from Thursday (40 minute drive) and today (Saturday).

So I was driving along a dual carriageway today, when the glow plug warning light illuminated on the dash, and continued to flash until I stopped and switched the engine off. I then drove again, and a few minutes later the light started flashing again. Both occasions the car went into limp mode with limited acceleration.

Having googled beforehand, I know that there are a number of possibles here, and I know that the only way to be sure is to have it plugged in and the error codes read. However I do think it's strange that I'm only having this problem now, almost immediately after having the Cambelt changed? I feel it would be quite a coincidence if it was something unrelated.

Im going to give Audi a call on Monday to have them look at it again, however I am a bit concerned that they might not agree that it's to do with the work recently completed.

Has as anyone else been in a similar situation to this? The work I had done wasn't exactly cheap, and I'm changing the rear discs and pads tomorrow so I could really do without having to spend more again on this new issue.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions on this. Thanks in advance for any help!

P.S, if anyone in Cardiff has an OBD reader and wouldn't mind plugging it into my car before it goes back to the garage, It'd be much appreciated!!