New Audi diesels for U.S.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Audi diesels for U.S.

I heard today that Audi is announcing 3 new diesel models for the U.S. I have not been able to find confirmation on any Audi websites. Can anyone add to this?
Old 09-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Heard from where? This is false. They haven't announced anything. Check out my VW TDI forum and Audi TDI forum myturbodiesel.com for TDI news.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chittychittybangbang
Heard from where? This is false. They haven't announced anything. Check out my VW TDI forum and Audi TDI forum myturbodiesel.com for TDI news.
Not false...

Audi U.S.A's chief marketing officer, Scott Keogh, revealed the company's diesel dreams in a recent interview with Green Car Advisor. Keogh unveiled that Audi expects to, "more than double our existing diesel portfolio in the next year or so" and added that the TDI engine is "definitely a part of the growth and success we're having in the [U.S.] marketplace." Though Keogh would not disclose which models would come packing the TDI powerplant, Audi spokesman Brad Stertz did suggest that the company is "looking at the possibility of TDI for the A8, A6 and A4" contingent upon Audi successfully "working through packaging of the TDI equipment in different models, emissions, and other regulatory testing."

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/08/27...sel-models-in/
Old 09-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Like I said, heard from where?

Audi has been planning TDI for years with no product until this year. I think they will too but to answer the original question of "I have not been able to find confirmation on any Audi websites" , it's because there have not been any confirmation on any official Audi websites. "diesel dreams " The spokesman "suggest" that the company is "looking at the possibility"..."contingent upon..working through"...

I "dream" of "looking at the possibility" of buying a large island in the Bahamas "contingent upon" winning the powerball. Do these sound like confirmations?

And before you reply, here's a press release from Audi dated 2007: "Audi launches TDI initiative in the USA...As early as next year, Audi will be putting the cleanest diesel engine in the world into series production vehicles in the USA virtually in parallel to its launch in Europe: the 3.0 TDI with ultra-low emission system will initially be available for the Audi Q7, and later for the new Audi A4....Leading market research firms such as J. D. Power predict that diesel engines will have a 12 to 15 percent share of the US market in 2015"

There's your official notice straight from Audi and it sounds a lot more confirmationy than the interview. Unless you're in Europe, we all know how that turned out. My advice: hold yer horses.

Last edited by chittychittybangbang; 09-09-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default AUDI TDIsssss

This is the year.... Q5, A6, A7 and A8 will be adding a the 3.0L TDI engine to their Line up!!! We are super excited!