Telematics Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have problems with Parrot repeatedly muting the radio to search for BT device?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have problems with Parrot repeatedly muting the radio to search for BT device?

I have an iPaq 6315 and when I turn the PDA off the BT goes off as well. This causes a problem with the Parrot because when the phone turns off, it searches for the phone for the next 20 or 30 seconds, which is fine, but it constantly mutes the radio over and over while doing this. It's very freakin annoying! Also, it latches onto my wifes BT signal and I can't reconnect unless she turns her BT off. I thought you were supposed to be able to support 3 phones with this thing. I haven't been able to get more than one to work at a time.

I installed an Ericsson BT system in her car that has color coded user profiles. We don't have any of those issues with the Ericsson. It searches for the phone in silence and gives a distict chime when it can't find the phone.

Bought the Parrot because of all the good reviews. I thought it would be better than the Ericsson kit but It's just a PIA to me now. Was wondering if there's an update or setting that could fix this. If not, for $88 I'll get another Ericsson and chalk it up as a loss or sell it on Ebay.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only one BT phone at a giving time

When it disconnects from one (it gives a couple of beeps to let you know) it searches for the other paired devices, mine does it silently, and when finds it it beeps again, both times mutes the radio.