Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FreedomPop SIM Friend Network Check In

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts
Default FreedomPop SIM Friend Network Check In

We recently picked up a 99c FreedomPop SIM to get basic AT&T 3G data in our 2014 A4 MMI 3G+ for free (200MB base per month), and so far, have been pleased with the service (it's hard to beat free and works well for what it does).

This thread is to offer a check-in of sorts for an AudiWorld FreedomPop friend network: adding a FreedomPop friend gets us both another 50MB of free 3G data (up to 1GB) per month.

Check-in to the thread if you have an active FreedomPop account and want to expand your FreedomPop friend network for more free 3G data per month -- post your FreedomPop e-mail address or send PMs, as you wish. Tell us how you're using your FreedomPop SIM (year & model), too.

Last edited by drgertol; 09-01-2017 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added text
Old 08-31-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I just received the FreedomPop sim last night and realized that it is a LTE sim. Do anyone know if this will work in a 2014 A7? I read in another thread that I have to get a 3G sim and I need to get it from Amazon, anyone has better advise on what I need to do? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by drgertol
We recently picked up a 99c FreedomPop SIM to get basic AT&T 3G data in our 2014 A4 MMI 3G+ for free (200MB base per month), and so far, have been pleased with the service (it's hard to beat free and works well for what it does).

This thread is to offer a check-in of sorts for an AudiWorld FreedomPop friend network: adding a FreedomPop friend gets us both another 50MB of free 3G data (up to 1GB) per month.

Check-in to the thread if you have an active FreedomPop account and want to expand your FreedomPop friend network for more free 3G data per month -- post your FreedomPop e-mail address or send PMs, as you wish.
here's my email linked to freedompop: edward830@gmail.com
Old 09-01-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tackall
Hi all, I just received the FreedomPop sim last night and realized that it is a LTE sim. Do anyone know if this will work in a 2014 A7? I read in another thread that I have to get a 3G sim and I need to get it from Amazon, anyone has better advise on what I need to do? Thanks in advance for any help.
Our experience is that the FreedomPop SIM is pre-activated. All you need to do is install the card in the MMI 3G+ SIM slot, add the APN from the SIM package and keep the authentication fields blank. It really should just work. And thanks for checking in !
Old 09-01-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Our experience is that the FreedomPop SIM is pre-activated. All you need to do is install the card in the MMI 3G+ SIM slot, add the APN from the SIM package and keep the authentication fields blank. It really should just work. And thanks for checking in !
Yes! I did just that, pop the sim in the slot and took one restart to do the trick. But not being able to use the push function is a bummer tho.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes! I did just that, pop the sim in the slot and took one restart to do the trick. But not being able to use the push function is a bummer tho.
Don't know what you mean about "the push function". We have full Audi Connect functionality in our 2014 A4 with the FreedomPop LTE SIM.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Don't know what you mean about "the push function". We have full Audi Connect functionality in our 2014 A4 with the FreedomPop LTE SIM.
Push functionalities are referring to the ability to find destinations from the Audi connect app and send to the car directly. Have you used the mobile app from Audi? The app is supposed to connect to your car specifically and have multiple features.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Push functionalities are referring to the ability to find destinations from the Audi connect app and send to the car directly. Have you used the mobile app from Audi? The app is supposed to connect to your car specifically and have multiple features.
Yes, the AC mobile app -- I looked at this briefly a few weeks back, but didn't do much with it at the time. I do recall that it required the MMI 3G+ Wi-Fi hotspot to be turned on & the phone connected to the Wi-Fi network for any car-related functions to work properly. Now that we have a bit more (free) mobile data to work with, I might take a closer look at enabling Wi-Fi (more-or-less) permanently for this sort of thing.