Telematics Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Audi, how to upgrade maps?

Old 02-13-2019, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Audi, how to upgrade maps?

Hi!
Just bought my first Audi, 2016 Q7 3.0tdi, after driving BMW my whole life. I am not quite used to Audi yet and how things work so I hope you can give med some help or advice.
It is too late for a free map update and the dealer say that my car is not equipped with the correct Audi Connect options. I have the SD-slots in the glove compartment. Can i download software and map updates somewhere and use that or do I have to pay a lot of money for my dealer to update the car (they told me neither them or me could use the SD-slot for updates when the car is 3 years old)? I am looking for the latest maps of Europe.
Hope you guys can help an Audi-newbie

Old 04-26-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to register in my.audi.com and see if you can download maps from there for free.
The easy and cheap option would be to source a compatible sd card from ebay. There are 101 audi sd cards on sale so I'm guessing they work across cars.