Sponsored by:

Treo 700w - Speed Dial numbers not all imported

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treo 700w - Speed Dial numbers not all imported

Hi all,
I've done some searching on this, didn't see this particular problem addressed.

I've recently upgraded from a Motorola v710 to a Treo 700w (Verizon for both). My A6 successfully imported my address book on the v710, but what I had on the v710 was really a 'subset' of my entire contacts. So I thought I'd try to import more of my contact numbers from the Treo.

As I understand it, the Audi bluetooth implementation will only import favorites (or speed dial entries) from CDMA phones. Well, that hasn't worked for me. I originally had only 2 speed dial entries, they were imported fine. But when I went back and added another 10 speed dial entries, they wouldn't import at all.

I've tried deleting the BT pair on both the Treo and my A6, then re-pairing. No-go. All I can import is the first 2 speed dial entries, nothing else. I have plenty of available memory space on the Audi, so that's not the issue. I hesistate to remove the entries that successfully imported from my old v710, because I don't want to re-enter all of those manually.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

-Jim
Old 06-01-2006, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just some random thoughts...

Have you let it pair for a while to see if it will update? I had a T-Mobile Treo 650 that would sometimes need to take longer to update the list after I added new entries.

Another thought, are the new numbers just your standard 10 digits? i.e. no pauses with extra digits etc.?

Eric.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Just some random thoughts...

The numbers are just the standard 10 digits. The format might be different, i.e., some may have the +1(xxx)xxx-xxxx format while others are in the xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxxx type. All depends on how the number was originally added to my Treo. You think that's a part of it?

As far as pairing and waiting... My old Motorola V710 took a few minutes of being paired to transfer numbers, but they all transferred. The Treo, on the other hand, has been paired for at least 2 hours during some trips, with nothing additional imported except for the first 2 on my speed dial list.

I'll keep researching!
Old 06-02-2006, 05:55 AM

Default I have a v710 and have a similar problem you do with your Treo. I can

only get about 10-12 contacts maximum to load into the Audi Bluetooth out of a total of about 20 at any time. Sometimes it will only load 5 or 6. The actual ones imported are random. Do you know if there is a restriction on the number of contacts the system will handle??
Old 06-02-2006, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Never had a problem with my v710

It did take a little while, initially, to import my v710 phonebook. But it did accept the entire thing (only about 40 or so entries).

What it didn't do, however, was distinguish between different categories (i.e., home vs work vs mobile). I had to fix that part myself.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Thanks for the info,

I probably have a problem with the phone or the Bluetooth module..
Old 06-02-2006, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default So how do you get the extra stuff to appear???

I've been lurking around NAVplus but haven't found it yet. Trying to get signal, home vs. work, recent calls etc to show up rather than just the "Please use your phone" message.

Thanks for any info!

Eric

Motorola V557
Old 06-02-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not sure...

When I had my Treo650, I had a number that had some special characters in it plus an extension. This caused the Audi Bluetooth to go nuts and would keep making my phone reset.

Have you tried pairing a different phone and then going back to the Treo?

Eric.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Uh.. nevermind. It fixed itself

OK, apparently I didn't give it enough time. It seems to have picked up all of my speed dial numbers now. Obviously this is one of those things that require patience :P
Old 06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great!

Quick Reply: Treo 700w - Speed Dial numbers not all imported