Sponsored by:

UK to NZ maps

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK to NZ maps

Hi AW forum members,

Apologies as I'm new here but looking for some advice on navigation software - and updating maps to a different region. We have just ordered a new A6 (with MMI touch navigation) for delivery early in 2019 (latest software/firmware) it will be a UK vehicle but we want to take it to NZ later in the year.
From my desk research and speaking with various Audi dealers it appears the software will be linked to the VIN/Chassis number and therefore "region locked". This would then prohibit us from updating the maps to NZ maps when we take the vehicle to NZ later in the year, even if the "my audi connect" account is registered in NZ.

I have heard that the Australian/NZ cars use the same base software build as the EU/UK cars (unlike some other regions) - but the map files will be an issue.

I suspect that we will need to go to a third party company who can play with the software (either in NZ or the UK) If you have experience of this in either country please let me know who you might have used and what the process was (and importantly if it worked OK or what pitfalls to look out for)

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Aaron