AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Test Forum (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/test-forum-12/)
-   -   2007 Audi A4 2.0t burning oil and smoking when hiting Gas hard (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/test-forum-12/2007-audi-a4-2-0t-burning-oil-smoking-when-hiting-gas-hard-2961938/)

Eyham N 11-06-2018 03:01 PM

2007 Audi A4 2.0t burning oil and smoking when hiting Gas hard

Hello Audi bros!

please In desperate need! My car is losing a quart of oil every 300-400 miles!
When I merge on the free way and hit the gas hard it smokes white in the back!
07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro!
took to a mechanic he wanted to charge me 1650 for a new turbo! $850 for a used one!! I bought the car two weeks ago!
The guy I bought it from is a mutual friend, he told me a few months before I bought he changed the turbo with a Audi used one with low miles! He’s like no way it’s blown, so I take it to him we check it and we find that the breather tube that’s connected from the valve cover gasket to the turbo has oil leaking it cause the smoke to appear, is there any other thing it could be? Cause the tube doesn’t have a valve on it just a screen and a gasket by the end of the turbo so what else should I look for it! I have attached two pics one is the part we were looking at and the other is from another guy one here that took his cover off, if you zoom in to the left you will see the hose stick out! That’s the one I’m talking about! Please let me know anything helps guys!

Eyham N 11-06-2018 03:07 PM

pics

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Eyham N (Post 25233565)
Hello Audi bros!

please In desperate need! My car is losing a quart of oil every 300-400 miles!
When I merge on the free way and hit the gas hard it smokes white in the back!
07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro!
took to a mechanic he wanted to charge me 1650 for a new turbo! $850 for a used one!! I bought the car two weeks ago!
The guy I bought it from is a mutual friend, he told me a few months before I bought he changed the turbo with a Audi used one with low miles! He’s like no way it’s blown, so I take it to him we check it and we find that the breather tube that’s connected from the valve cover gasket to the turbo has oil leaking it cause the smoke to appear, is there any other thing it could be? Cause the tube doesn’t have a valve on it just a screen and a gasket by the end of the turbo so what else should I look for it! I have attached two pics one is the part we were looking at and the other is from another guy one here that took his cover off, if you zoom in to the left you will see the hose stick out! That’s the one I’m talking about! Please let me know anything helps guys!

here are the pics!!

KevinGary 11-09-2018 03:05 AM

You should post this in the A4 forum

Eyham N 11-09-2018 09:01 AM

Yes

Originally Posted by KevinGary (Post 25234564)
You should post this in the A4 forum

I’m new to this website bro where do I go to do that??