TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Need your help - Newbie with TT probs

Old 11-10-2016, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your help - Newbie with TT probs

Hi guys, Been reading a lot of posts over the last few weeks so decided to join.
Just bought my first ever Audi TT Quattro 2000 couple weeks ago. Alwats wanted one but Ex wife wouldnt let me have one back in the day. Private sale from ebay. He didnt let on that it had a plethora of hidden problems to fix. Im hoping they aren't serious jobs & gives me another hobby to get into.

Forgive me as I don't know much about fixing cars but am a quick learner & would appreciate your advice and help with my posts as being a single dad i need to save as much as I can.

First up is the fuel gauge, which it seems is a popular problem/topic from what ive read. I have a four year old daughter and we have already broken down on a trip because of this problem and was a nightmare and I cant risk it happening again as im sure you can understand.

The fuel gauge is stuck on full. I tried the fuel injection cleaner trick with one bottle and it did shift the needle back down but only for an hour or so then went slowly back. Since then it has fluctuated a bit but mainly stuck on full.
I did a vag-com (cheap ebay cable) on it and have posted the pic below & hope you can make some sense from it as I dont know what it means. The needle sweeps went perfect & I repeated to make sure. Cluster came back with no faults. The top half of the segment cluster is out so it doesnt show miles left in tank so im working off the trip but i have no idea of how many miles to the litre i'm getting. Can you also tell me what the fuel sender resistance in the pic means? and its relevance to the gauge.

Any help with this would be much appreciated guys, thanks.
Jim
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2016, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Instrument clusters are well known problems on your car. Search the forum for hundreds of posts. Stepper motor an be replaced or you send cluster to get repaired.

Most problems are already discussed. Search properly. If frustrated, a Google search with "Audiworld" included should help.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

modulemaster for replacement/repair of cluster or....BBA remanufacturer
Old 11-14-2016, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Tanin Auto Electric is another good vendor.