TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

The 2000 TTC quattro - collectible??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 2000 TTC quattro - collectible??

Will the TT invoke the same impressions, thoughts and value as the Porsche Speedster?

On that note, does anyone know if someone has purchased one of the cars in the attached weblink?<ul><li><a href="http://www.automotivelegends.com">http://www.automotivelegends.com</a</li></ul>
Old 07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default someone sold some version of a repro Spyder at Barrett-Jackson this year >

and who knows, but anything's possible...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Awesome User

Default I thought the TTQC was a classic (like a 356) the 1st time I saw it.

Time will tell, but it holds a spectacular niche.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: I thought the TTQC was a classic (like a 356) the 1st time I saw it. 2nd. that

I bought a New (MK1) TT 225Q 7 months ago. The design is a classic, the MK11 will not be, for what that is worth.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:34 AM

Default My problem with the TT is that.......

IT looks very classic with a classic interior as well,but it drives poorly. For instance, it wobbles over bad pavement and over driveways.It bobs and weaves when you transition it into the next lane. It tends to be too cushy . It's far too heavy and you can really feel that weight. Steering is somewhat numb. It understeers far too much,partly as a function of it's awd nature and partly because Audi wanted it it to do that for safety reasons.Also the car has too much technology built into it. My next car will be far simpler and lighter. Frankly I wish my 1996 integra had the tt's looks because it drives much much better.The tt also has that effin turbo lag which makes it difficult to launch from a stoplight. The turbo makes it fast in a straight line however. My next car will be a much better driving car though undoubtedly uglier. looks aren't everything. The Porsches you're referencing have it all. Are their classics based on looks alone? Yes their are. Perhaps the real question comes down to how much a tt instrument cluster will cost in the year 2020?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default maybe you had a crappy TT?

i've driven loads of Integras, even the GSRs with the high output engine and they were NOWHERE near as fun to drive as the TT.

i think the TT is a fantastic driver's car. SURE it takes a couple tweaks and mods to make it such, but it really gets there quickly with a chip and a swaybar even....

it's a stone cold classic in my opinion, and the years will treat the car well...
Old 07-29-2007, 07:29 AM

Default you sound familiar. >>

Have to say I agree.
too soft and way too complicated.
She really shines in her appearance, fit &amp; finish.
If I was nutty enough to drop big $$ on another car toy it would have carbs &amp; a SOHC motor. Given that, it would certainly not be a daily car
Old 07-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Actually I have a pristine example of a tt...

My integra isn't as fast of course but outhandles it easily.If you go back and read Car and driver and the like you'll see that was their conclusion as well.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Car & Driver is poo...

i prefer to drive the cars myself.

the Integra handles well, but it's just doesn't have that feel of something interesting and enjoyable. It's a technical excercise, with no OOMPH to it...

the TT takes more energy to handle well, but when it IS handled well; it's far more enjoyable..

just my opinion..
Old 07-29-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Your opinion is wrong. It's doo-doo!.......

Even after 161,000 miles my integra outhandles my TT. Almost every car reviewer in history has pointed out the handling shortcomings of our beautiful queens. All those car mags are not wrong. Neither am I.

Quick Reply: The 2000 TTC quattro - collectible??