TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

20K service at new 27 mil. Audi of Rochester Hills

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20K service at new 27 mil. Audi of Rochester Hills

this response is to moTTown. I want to appoligize for your experience at Audi of Rochester Hills. The gentleman that you thought was the service manager is not, I am. Andy is the Service Consultant. I am a bit puzzled though? Why if you were so unhappy with our dealership did you not bring it to my attention? so please respond or just call me at 248-997-7400 and ask for the Service Manager
Old 08-12-2002, 04:15 AM

Default Your techs hand-tightened my spark plugs after my 32k service, causing massive misfires.

I brought the car (2000 S4) back in and Andy wouldn't even look at my car because he said "was sure" it was chipped. Frustrated, I went home and checked the plugs which had been changed a few days before the misfires started happening.

Sure enough, the plugs were hand-tightened at BEST. A few clicks of the ratchet later and the misfires were gone.

You guys are getting a major reputation as being the "mod gestapo" around here. If you don't care that Lavery and Cook getting all the enthusiasts' business, keep it up.

-Craig
Old 08-12-2002, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Your techs hand-tightened my spark plugs after my 32k service, causing massive misfires.

I was unaware of the situation.The mod gestapo is an unfair statement.We have to follow Audi's guidelines.We by no means will refuse any work but as far as warranty goes Audi is very strict. We will work on any Audi products.I am curious to know which tech left the plugs loose.So if you would like to contact me The service manager,(Andy is not the service manager he is one of my two service consultants. Please call me so we can clear up this matter.By no means do I want this Dealer ship to have the Reputation of MOD GESTAPO! I can be reached at 248-997-7400 my name is Engell Pellumbi.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:03 AM

No!!!!! it is a fair statement.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:00 AM

Default Andy also refused work on my friend's S4 because it had an exhaust!

That's pretty sad. I'll give you a call later this week with the name of the tech who did my 32k service. The part that really made me angry was not that the plugs were loose, but that when I brought it back in, I was told that it wouldn't be worked on.

There's really nothing to clear up. I won't be bringing my Audi (or any future Audis) in for service there anytime soon.

-Craig
Old 08-12-2002, 11:30 AM

Default I do not recommend this dealer to anyone with a problem.You'll just get an excuse.

1) Noise coming from passenger side engine bay. Pumping squeaking
sound, that the dealer claims to be normal. HMMMMMM that's odd I
didn't hear the noise for the first 6 months I had the car.
2) Noise coming from suspension. Every time I hit a speed bump at
low speed I get a load squeak. Dealer claims it could come from
my aftermarket brake dust covers.I did'nt know dust covers could do damage to my swaybars.
Thanks for that lame @$$ excuse.
3) The dealer, who the hell they think I am, A dumb @$$. I'm
absolutely sick of this $$$$. Hey after 5 times going to the
dealer they finally tell me it's a normal noise. Yaa right
Just as normal as you guys seeing me for the 6th time. Time to
try a new dealer.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Banned

dood, gonzo...if no one will help you, let me know, i'd be happy to take a look at it...
Old 08-12-2002, 11:44 AM

Default response to gonzo.

Jgonzo- Again Andy is not the service manager why did you not call me after the first time you came in. I can't help you if I don't know there is a problem? Please contact me as soon as possible so we can discuss this matter. I don't want you to have an experience like that again!!!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:44 AM

It's nice they give loaners, but the crap given to those with modified vehicles is a farce.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:49 AM

Default Re: It's nice they give loaners, but the crap given to those with modified vehicles is a farce.

Craig L, If you were not satisfied with the service why did you not call me.Andy is not the service manager I am. Please contact me at 248-997-7400 or email me at epellumbi@audiofrochesterhills.com I am sorry for the inconvience. I just discovered this problem on Friday August 9,2002 that's why I'm responding to day.I am as much an outspoken advocate for Audi. So please respond to me ASAP!!!!!!! thank you WINGNUT

Quick Reply: 20K service at new 27 mil. Audi of Rochester Hills