TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

225 TT Quattro 6-Speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 05:42 PM
Let's Talk About Orders

Default 225 TT Quattro 6-Speed

Okay, we know the car will be built. We know the car will be imported. We are bothered at night about how much fun we could have had if that $500 deposit had instead bought Nokia a year or two ago and paid for copies of Gran Turismo 2 for Playstation for all our friends at Christmas. But, it's time to start thinking about orders (hooray!).

Let's go down the list. If you have an answer to a question, post it. Hopefully, we can get a solid list together and educate one another and -- with some luck -- cut through the dealer B.S. we've been forcefed for the past year or... three.

Here goes:

1) Any additional colors?

I'm sure the following will be offered for the 225 from everything I've heard from every dealer representative:

Raven Black
Brilliant Black
Lake Silver
Denim Blue
Aviator Gray
Amulet Red
Desert Green

Have any other colors been offered to anyone?

Green (the bright one)?
Yellow?

2) Any additional options?

Let's run through the 225 rumors.

* auto-dimming mirrors?
* alacantra?
* two-tone interior other than "Authentica"?
* 18" wheels?
* navigation system?
* any others?

Tell us if you have an option NOT available on a 180Q on your 225 order. If so, what is it? With what dealership? Who confirmed its availability? Do you have a brochure reflecting its availability? How long have you had your deposit down?

3) Whose salesperson has actually said, "I'm placing your order. TODAY. Your build date is near X time, so you won't be able to change anything after Y time and hopefully you'll see your car at Z time."

Anxious for information, or just anxious,
Cameron
Old 12-09-1999, 05:46 PM
Cameron

Default Hey Graham, Europeans, other non-U.S. folk...

I'd also be curious what is available overseas on 225 cars that is not made available on the 180 option list...

Cameron
Old 12-09-1999, 06:25 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: 225 TT Quattro 6-Speed

It is my understanding that a GPS system will be available as an option on the 225Qs, which should begin arriving around April 2000 a 2001 model. I don't believe that it will be the "full blown" GPS, with pretty color maps and such, but rather "GPS light" which intergrates with the driver information system, and shows you which direction to turn via arrows on the driver info display.

I can't guarantee that it will be offered on the very first TTs to make it here, but if not, then it should be available later during the 2001 model year.
Old 12-09-1999, 06:54 PM
Peter

Default Re: Hey Graham, Europeans, other non-U.S. folk...

I have an Australian delivered 225 TTQ, and as such the comments relate only to the Australian market. The colors available are Silver, Black and Denim Blue. I got Silver with the Alcantra leather, but I you can order the suede combo. I got the factory cruise control, the 6 stack CD (std), xenon lamps with washers (std) and that's about it.

The car drives like a dream except that I would still like a bit more push back in the seat oomph. Having said that, the car is eerily deceptive when it comes to speed.
Old 12-09-1999, 07:34 PM
Graham

Default You called?!?!

Other than the build differences, ie 6 speed, etc, the 180FWD here can specced up to level of the 225q

The only options available on the 225q are cruise control and metallic paint, everything else comes with it, except we dont get heated seats and the nav system is not availbale here.

The 180FWD can be specced up with Xenon headlights and 17 inch wheels and the Bose, all of which come on our 225q.

We only have the original three colours available at the moment, Silver, Denim Blue or Brilliant Black.

Interiors are available in the charcoal, light grey or blue, each with the choice of full leather or half leather/half alcantara.

I do not foresee much changing in the vcolour department as all of this years allocation has been sold, FWD and q, as have next years q's and I understand 225q roadsters too, not sure about the 180FWDs, there may be a few of htem still available.

Thats how things are down here

Graham

Old 12-09-1999, 08:39 PM
Don

I've been lurking on the forum for about a month and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to all for all the great information and updates. I just heard from my dealer today that I'm "absolutely first on the list" for the 225Q, but that they were looking at early January to actually take orders. That's ok with me since so far they haven't required a deposit.

Don Russel
Old 12-09-1999, 11:27 PM
FT

What the **** are you saying?" NOTHING WE DON'T ALREADY KNOW YOU ****** *** **** SUCKING LOSER.
Old 12-10-1999, 08:16 AM
Matt

Default Add this one: what about the CD player

Will it come with an in dash CD player? I'd much rather have that than a cassette player regardless if it comes with a changer in the rear.

Matt
Old 12-10-1999, 09:07 AM
Mindarella

Default Ordering and option details for US 225Q Coupe

I posted the order form number and option details a few days ago but it went unnoticed. The heading was "Some orders have already been placed".
Old 12-10-1999, 10:06 AM
John TT

Default Ordered over the phone this morning

I've been in seminars the past 2 days and the inlaws are coming for the weekend, so I'll be quick.

- No additional colors offered
- 16" wheels are standard, 17"s are optional and are different than the current 17's (the ones on the amulet pictured in Frankfurt a few pages back?)
- Xenon's are a separate option. I.e., the Performance Package has been split into lights and wheels.
- Heated Seats (the computer is now standard, I think)
- Navigation system - app. $1200?
- Bose
- Phone

It will be a 2001 and I am told I they will have an order # tommorrow morning.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm Desert Green / Ebony. Delivery sometime in April. Now if I could only get my Wisteria to bloom, the driveway will be perfect come May!!