TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

6000K Phillips Ultinon Xenon Upgrade on CLK changed from D2R to D2S bulbs...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6000K Phillips Ultinon Xenon Upgrade on CLK changed from D2R to D2S bulbs...

Needed to grind a 1/8 inch half round notch into base of each bulb to fit into headlight housing of CLK. We only put bulbs in CLK tonight, but will try in TT possibly tomorrow night.
Review of bulbs in CLK:
All I can say at the moment is "damn, there is much more light coming from the headlights now!!"
Can't really quantify due to the lack of measuring instruments. But I can say since we switched bulbs, the light emmitted from the headlamps are wider in all aspects. The light projects further forward, to the side and upwards (a bit anxious). Obviously, the color temperature is higher, but not as blue as the Honda S2000. Christine says color is somewhere between the Acura and Audi xenon color in respect to blue.
Although Christine wanted the color to be as blue as the S2000, but as SwiftTT says, she'll just have to settle with crazy bright lights without the Honda blue.
By Darwin.

Its the CLK girl here now!
I've always wished my lights could be as blue as Darwin's TT. And yes, I know the story....something about projector vs reflector?
I love my car, but the lights were always too white. Now with these new lights....hmm....I'm very satisfied now.
They may not be as blue, but for sure its brighter than my factory xenon lights and now its brighter than the TT's too. Perhaps its the blueness of the color, but when we first took my car out for a drive, I noticed right away that everything looked sharper.
To sum it up, to me, it was definitely well worth it. Now my CLK has bluer lights than the other 50 CLK's around town :P Take care you KIND TT lovers....Christine (MB forum is really cold)
Old 01-15-2002, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Darwin/Christine a question..

Is your CLK equipped with HID's? So you just changed the bulb to 6000K's and feel that the light from these new blubs helps in seeing more at night. Really curious to see how the TT will turn out. Darwin if you get the chance please take some pics, i.e. regular xenons, one side regular and one side 6000k, and after 6000k both sides. Also what would really help is if you took the pics from inside the car, in other words pictures that show the light being reflected on the road (you can do this in your driveway).

Thanks
Old 01-15-2002, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dude, Darwin, I met you! DUH! I'm the guy from Seattle with the Blue TT and your the guy that I

Raced! I know Lawrence. I use to visit him every weekend.