TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH - too many TT's

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-1999, 10:49 PM
Gary C (UK)

Default AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH - too many TT's

Couldn't believe it yesterday - saw 8 TT's during a 2 hour drive through London . Why are these people going out at the same time as me ??!! Go away and let me have all the attention !

And worse still, only one flashed "hello"...
Old 12-09-1999, 01:22 AM
Victor F

Default AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH - too many TT's

Coo. That's quite a number in 2hrs. I flash any other TTs I see however all this week I have been bed-ridden with the flu so I wasn't one of them
Old 12-09-1999, 02:05 AM
JamesTT

Default Record: three TTs parked on one short street!

It gets worse, I'm afraid. Last weekend there were three TTs (two silver and my demin blue) parked on the same short (100 yard) block in Notting Hill. Can anyone beat this?

Given that only about 1,000 TTs have been sold in the UK, this seems a high concentration... At least if we want to have an owners meeting we won't have far to travel!

Old 12-09-1999, 03:19 AM
HY

Default Re: Record: three TTs parked on one short street!

Atleast yours will stand out more being its blue...Most TT's you see are silver only.
I think the blue is a much better colour...

Although me still waiting (Blue180Q)

Old 12-09-1999, 03:57 AM
Simon B (UK)

Default Re: too many TT's

Well I have been thinking that too. I have seen 20 in the last week around london!!! Hopefully mine will be added to that number if its ready for saturday!!!

Simon B3 SNB 225Q
Old 12-09-1999, 04:18 AM
Janet

Default Re: AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH - too many TT's

Gary,

Your comment about how few TT's flashed hello, during your drive through London, is sadly interesting. I've noticed here in Houston that *almost* every other TT driver either flashes a return greeting or starts waving like crazy (while grinning like a madperson!!!). But occasionally I meet a TT driver who acts 'WAY too "cool" to behave in such a juvenile manner. Hmmmmm....I thought *that* sort of attitude was limited to drivers of those *other* German cars!!!!!

Janet
'00 180Q
Old 12-09-1999, 04:27 AM
Rob Cheyne

Default Re: AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH - too many TT's

Doesn't surprise me about the lack of flashes, London recently got awarded the accolade of having the 'Moodiest' people in the UK.

Must be PMT (Pre Millenium Tension) !

Regards

Rob
Old 12-09-1999, 06:00 AM
y2ktturbo

Or if you prefer, PYT, Pre Y2k Tension, since the millennium doesn't start for a year (nt)
Old 12-10-1999, 11:58 AM
Jorg

Default Should one really flash?

Hmmm...I quite often cross a TT, but I never flash....cuz I don't drive one yet (Audi 80, now)!
I don't think it's considered very polite to flash people to say hello...Flashing lights = warning....not "Hello"!
If people flash me I always wonder if I've got a broken light, just ran over a kid....or that the cops are around the next corner. Nah, flashing to say hello is dangerous and incosiderate!

Regards

Jorg A. Willekens