TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

about a boy

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default about a boy

hello all. my first post here..
i have a 2000 180hp FWD

last night... i saw the new hugh grant movie "about a boy"... i know, i know... hugh grant.. but it's the same guy who wrote high fidelity so i took a chance.

he plays the self-centered jackass that owns a TT. anyway... the movie is like one big audi ad. he drives a silver 180 QT (badly i might add... curb rashing his rims in one scene... made me cringe) through most of the film...

dperessing... so... the 1st thing i did this morning was call my local APR tuner... and chipped my car. stage I. after seeing hugh grant tooling around london in a 180... i needed more power.

most notible difference is throttle response... obviously the torque and hp is fantastic... but the throttle response is so great. nice to have a fresh feeling car after 60k miles. (did K&N too) next up is the suspension.... mine is actually shot.. just need to save a few more pennies.

koni & eibach i'm thinking...
any suggestions?

andrew
Old 03-12-2003, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Welcome, Andrew.

Many chipped cars report even better gains with an exhaust - maybe do this after suspension. As far as suspension, the Koni & Eibach or Koni and ABT springs route is pretty good. Many peeps with the Bilstein PSS9 coilover system report poor quality, namely coil bind on the rear.

The curb rash scene is terrible. It's a funny movie, though I don't know if it's a good or bad commercial. It says either:

"look at this fantastic, beautiful and stylish car driven by this rich bachelor with the life you want"
or
"look what self-centered jackasses drive."

I prefer to think the former!

Welcome to the fold.

-Tim
Old 03-12-2003, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions? Sure...

...<font color="003366"> Bilstein sports are a better complement to Eibach springs (ask the guys at Quattro GmbH, that's the combo they use on customer cars).

And some of us <i>might</i> understand you better if you can figure out how (and when) to use the "caps" and period keys properly.

Two suggestions is probably enough for now.</font>
Old 03-12-2003, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Welcome, Andrew.

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously I'd prefer the latter as well.

- Hey 2953.. Here's your caps. I didn't expect to be treated like a 13 year old my first post in.

I'm at work. I type fast. No time for caps! hah. I thought you guys and gals could look past my improper syntax.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice, helpful people here, but still many ballbreakers.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:38 PM

Default FYI

<font color="003366"> The comment about the "caps" and period keys was just a <i>suggestion</i> that you are free to take as constructive criticism or otherwise. You could also have ignored it completely.

Sorry you thought I was treating you like a 13 year old. Wasn't my intent. I was merely responding to your request for <i>suggestions.</i>

Believe me when I mention, you'd <u>know</u> if I was dealing with you as I would a 13 year old.

Regardless, think about Bilsteins rather than Konis if you're gonna be doing more street time than track miles.</font>
Old 03-12-2003, 01:41 PM

all lowercase is fine, welcome to the world of Unix...
Old 03-12-2003, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Despite the PSS9 thing, I've always thought of Bilstein as being the best. And BTW:

I was eagerly anticipating an email to (ostensibly) clarifiy the whole "who is this two-thousand nine-hundred fifty-three entity" thing. Yes? No?

also, Mystery Men with names of numbers :-P

Default Now I have to rent it.....anyway, welcome! >>>

To tEll you the truth I didn't even notice your CaP UsAGe. =) I'm thinking Eibachs &amp; Bilsteins but have not yet decided.

Quick Reply: about a boy