TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

About my post below regarding the 2nd note left on my TT

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-1999, 01:10 PM
Jenner

Default About my post below regarding the 2nd note left on my TT

I don't know what sparked the violent reaction to my post. I only received fun/decent remarks from the first note I received under my wiper. This one for some reason has not only caused people to accuse me of needing a car to get women but also caused a huge argument between TT and A4/S4 owners(and even BMW which had NOTHING to do with my post).

The only comment I made towards A4/S4("How many A4's or S4's get notes like this") was meant to mean that I didn't think many A4/S4 owners got notes under their wiper because those cars don't stand out like the TT does VISUALLY. I in no way meant it like my car is better than yours or my house is bigger than yours. I never mentioned BMW nor do I care to get into a war about what car is better looking/faster blah blah. All that crap bores me.

I don't need my car to get women nor do I use it to get them. I didn't ask these girls to leave me notes on my car nor did I expect them to.

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett, H&R Sport Springs
Old 12-21-1999, 03:19 PM
Scott W

Default Abundance of hypersensitivity on the boards these days! Could this be what happens...

to Christmas Spirit when the Greenhouse Effect is factored in? ;-)
Old 12-21-1999, 05:38 PM
Bob

Default Blow 'em off, Jenner!!!

It seems that the art of polite dialog and occasional verbal (or written) sparring has fallen victim to the desire to garner attention, even at the expense of others. What a shame we all can't enjoy the novel and humorous situations that sometime accompany the owning of a car as unique as the TT.

For my money, Jenner, it just goes to show that the world still has an overabundance of jealous ignoramuses. Disregard their comments... it will be the equivalent of adding a needed dose of chlorine to the world's gene pool.
Old 12-22-1999, 01:01 AM
D-TTrain

I agree Jenner, f*$k 'em! Don't give them the satisfaction of getting upset!
Old 12-22-1999, 04:01 AM
NJ-Eric

Default Ha ha ha... X-mas spirit alone puts folks in a poor mood...

most of my peer-group suffers from that seasonal depression stuff (?).

-EJS
Old 12-22-1999, 04:23 AM
Jon Clinch

Default Maybe it's just me...

...but the only people who are interested in my TT are little kids and middle-aged men (like myself).

Have fun, Jenner. Thanks for your ongoing helpful and happy posts. Keep your chin up.

-- Jon
Old 12-22-1999, 05:19 AM
Bachelor Boy

Default Me thinks Sir doth protesteth too loudly.

I'm only jealous. I wish I had been in a position to have such a wonderful car in my early 20s. It's still pretty cool in ones 30s though. I like the looke from the girls. And let's face we all know that this car is an attention-grabber and not for shrinking violets. Thats significant in 'the whole point of the exercise' of having a flashy car.

The closest I got so far was a note from a mate saying '******'s car'.
Old 12-22-1999, 05:22 AM
Old one

Young, rich and cocky. Ah life is tough little one. You'll cope.
Old 12-22-1999, 05:50 AM
Janet

Default I have to agree, Jon.....(more)

...that the people most interested in my own TT tend to be kids (ranging from little ones through to teenagers) and middle-aged men. Of course, being a "middle-aged woman" (arrgghh....I just HATE that label!!!) myself, I wouldn't particularly expect to have young women swooning over *my* 180Q!!

;-)

Janet
'00 180Q
Old 12-22-1999, 06:17 AM
spike

Default Dave Barry sounds off on Jenner's note

Recently, I received a great email -- a list, complied by Dave Barry, entitled "Sixteen Things That it Took Me 50 Years to Learn." One item in particular seems to apply after reading the plethora of negative responses to Jenner's note:

13. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

There's no reason we can't have a couple laughs about how much attention the TT inspires -- I'm positive that's Jenner's intention, not some self-serving ego trip about how many chicks he can score because of his hot car.

Quick Reply: About my post below regarding the 2nd note left on my TT