TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Adam say it isn't so, did the buyer backout? I saw your TT back up on Ebay

Old 10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adam say it isn't so, did the buyer backout? I saw your TT back up on Ebay
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

that wipes
Old 10-11-2007, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok - it is'nt so .... (edited)

but it is

You told me to say that though - lol

The buyer backed out after making me wait almost 2 weeks - some people are just scumbags, hopefully the next time it will work out ok.

I already had 3 people watching after 1 night - lol
Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ebay has to have some level of protection for that
Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not really...

Not with any teeth anyway..And the seller has to pay the listing and selling fees unless he re-ists. It's a sucky system
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I just thought their car auction system is better then that

Granted I am selling my dads A8 on Ebay, but it didn't hit the reserve. Talk about a sad affair when a car that nice doesn't sell for more then $10K
Old 10-11-2007, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Only cost you $40 for a N0-sale....BUT...>>

$90 if a buyer walks..but you "might" get some of that back. See link.

Basic fees
You pay only an Insertion Fee and a Transaction Services Fee to list a vehicle on eBay Motors. The Transaction Services Fee is charged when the first bid is made on a listing without a reserve price or when your reserve price is met. There is no additional fee charged after the vehicle is sold. eBay Motors vehicle listings are those within the Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Powersports and Other Vehicles categories.

Insertion and Transaction Service Fee
Category
Insertion Fee
Transaction Services Fee

Passenger Vehicles
$40.00
$50.00

You will not be charged a Transaction Services Fee if:
There were no bids on your item.

There were no bids that met the reserve price on your reserve price listing.

Otherwise you will be charged a Transaction Services Fee, whether or not you carry out the sale with the buyer

It's like a Money Machine. I prefer Autotrader..<ul><li><a href="http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html">Buncha hoops to jump though if you get a deadbeat..</a></li></ul>
Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Default I don't think...

If the buyer backs out you can do a claim and get the listing and selling fees refunded. The only thing you waste is your time...
Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default my offer still stands

$3.39....
Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Partially true...>>

Looks like you eat the listing fee regardless..But you get a free relist (once) if it sells the second time around

Requirements for the credit
Only the first relisting of an item is eligible. Subsequent relistings of the same item do not qualify.
You must relist the item within 90 days of the closing date of the original listing.
Both the original listing and the relisting must be in Online Auction or Fixed Price format (not Store Inventory format or Real Estate).
Both the original listing and the relisting must be single-quantity (not Multiple Item or "Dutch").
The starting price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.
The relisted item must not have a reserve price if the original listing didn't have one. If it did, the reserve price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.
The relisted item must end with a winning buyer. If the item doesn't sell the second time, the Insertion Fee is not refunded.
Qualifying Unpaid Items that are relisted and close successfully will receive a standard relist credit automatically if the item is relisted and sells. Read more on the Unpaid Item Process.

Explained in the post below too..<ul><li><a href="http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html">http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/unpaid-item-process.html</a</li></ul>

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adam say it isn't so, did the buyer backout? I saw your TT back up on Ebay